Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I'm joining the bad Mommy club
CantWait
Posted: Jul 1 2003, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I feel so bad. Robbie asked me the other day why I napped so much sad.gif This pregnancy has been so hard for me in terms of not getting sleep. All I could do was explain to him that the baby sometimes didn't let mom sleep. How else can you explain all the symptoms to him so he'll understand. I try my best to spend time with him, but he's also outside a lot with his friends and is at that age where he doesn't want to be home. He's made a lot of friends in the last year, a lot more then when we first moved here, so he's very preoccupied with them. We walk the dog together, get slushies together, play a game, read, etc....
What else can I do to let him know I still love him and that I can't help being a lazy mom right now? bawling.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Jul 1 2003, 03:33 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

You are not a bad mommy! I am sure Robbie understands once you explained it to him the way you did. And, if he is playing outside so much, he probably doesn't mind... just wanted to know why. Kids are pretty smart and pick up on things!

You really do need your rest for your baby and then you can make the most of the time you do spend with Robbie. He knows you love him... it sounds like you have a wonderful time together! wub.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MomToMany
Posted: Jul 1 2003, 03:39 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Oh, I know what you mean! The little kids keep me so busy sometimes that I don't get to spend any quality time with the older boys! I be sure to set aside time each day (when the others are asleep) for each of them and we can do whatever they want; play games, share a bowl of ice cream, and just catch up with each other smile.gif .

How is he reacting to the PG? Is he excited? Or is he angry or resentful? Maybe you guys could rent a bunch of movies and just spend time together talking about whatever you want, kinda like a "get-to-know-you" thing so you can learn about what's going on in his world. You want to keep the lines of communication open; otherwise he will clam up and keep it all inside (which can lead to bad things). The main thing is to spend time together; he might not think it's "cool" to hang out so much with his mom, but it'll be a good thing in the long run!

Has he helped get things ready for the baby? That might be something fun to do together. Then you can tell him about his story; when you were PG with him, his birth story, and all about him as a baby. Older kids love hearing about that stuff (mine do anyway). It makes them feel so special and loved, even though you can't spend as much time with them as you'd like.

Hope some of this helps! I know how hard it can be!

CantWait
Posted: Jul 1 2003, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Robbie is very excited about the baby. He's helped me shop for clothes and other accesaries for the baby's room, he even picked out the curtains. He loves the fact that the infant seat is in the back of the car beside him so HE can see the baby. He also can't wait to help with the baby, feeding when the time comes, reading to him etc.....whatever he can do.
He also loves to hear stories about him, especially the one where I keep telling him he was stuborn and came 5 weeks early LOL.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: Jul 2 2003, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Aaaaawwwwww......
Then it sounds like he's doing great and just because you need your rest, he should understand smile.gif He's probably just worried about you, is all. Sometimes it's funny what scarey thoughts go thru their heads, and he just needed to hear from you that you were ok, but just tired.

I know that sometimes even mine, as old as they are, feel left out if I am extremely tired or grumpy.....but if you just talk to him (which it sounds like you are doing) it'll all be alright in the end.....

Less than two weeks now, glad you didn't go 5 weeks early! Now just hold off another two weeks or so, and it'll be done soon..... grouphug.gif

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]