Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Can your fingers be broken if you can move them?
MommytoKKC
Posted: Sep 23 2009, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,506

Is it just a myth that if you can bend your fingers it means they aren't broken? My daughter was bouncing on a big ball and rolled backwards and bent two fingers back really far. they made a kind of noise and she cried for an hour. I've iced it and they are kind of swollen. She can wiggle them around so I'm thinking maybe they are just really sore. She cries every time she moves them, though. I'm debating about getting an xray, it's just I have to pay the full amount. I've never broken a bone before so I have no idea what it's like.
PMEmail Poster
bluebear
Posted: Sep 23 2009, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 22,716

Have you felt her fingers individually? Sometimes bending fingers back hurt A LOT, but if you feel the fingers around good enough you can tell. it's probably nothing!
PMAOLYahooMSN
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Sep 24 2009, 03:25 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Absolutely it IS a myth. Bones don't move unless the muscles, tendons and ligaments move them. Olivia broke both bones in her arm last Feb and could move all her fingers and her arm at the elbow. She could also twist the wrist. (all with pain, but she could definately do it) I took her in because the break site was so sore she could not stand to have it touched. I'd definately have it x rayed. Our entire ER bill (we went during urgent care hours so it was cheaper) was around $300. More than I wanted to pay but far less than I expected.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Sep 24 2009, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Yeah - you can totally have a broken bone and still bend your fingers.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 24 2009, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Oh no!!! Was it Kelsey or Kayleigh? I hope she's feeling better... please update us when you can.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
jcc64
Posted: Sep 25 2009, 02:50 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I've broken several fingers (mainly playing field hockey), and you can still move them when broken, sometimes. Only sure way to tell is with an x-ray.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
MommytoKKC
Posted: Sep 25 2009, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 20,506

It was Kayleigh who got hurt. For now, she can wiggle them and move them. They are still a little swollen but I just wrapped them with a splint. So we'll see how they do.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0110 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]