Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> belly sleepers
my2monkeyboys
  Posted: Jan 28 2009, 05:19 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

It seems that the answer to all of Waylon's napping/falling asleep problems was his position. This boy LOVES to sleep on his belly! I know, I know, that's not the safest way, so I've been putting him down on his tummy then SLOWLY turning him onto his side after he's gotten to sleep. Yesterday he woke up about an hour into his AM nap, so I rolled him back onto his tummy and he fell right back to sleep.
I figure once he's rolling over good by himself there is nothing I can do about it anyway.
Is anyone else's baby a belly sleeper?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,075

Both of my babies preferred to sleep on their bellies.

I used those sleep positioners. We are also controversial in the fact that our babies co-slept, so when they were co-sleeping, they were always on their side1

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

my babies were belly sleepers..until we started using that little cozy thing...that thing that wraps them up with velcro on it, like the hosp nurses do with the receiving blanket..I cant think whats thats called, it had to do with the startled reflex more then what position he slept in, so once we had that thing, he slept on his back..but we ran into the problem later, where he was to large for it, and he still needed it to sleep..so its always something..

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

lesliesmom
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

My two youngest were belly sleepers. Once we figured this out they slept great. We had an AngelCare monitor that had the motion sensor board that went under the mattress, if they stopped breathing (or if they moved to far into a corner of the crib) the monitor would go off. But, they slept better that way.

I used the wrap too, I think it was a Snuggie (no, not the big blanket you can get off TV) or a kangaroo thing. They worked well too.

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
5littleladies
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

My babies have all been belly sleepers. I have started them all on their backs and they all hate/d it. Kate will occasionally fall asleep on her back now but will generally wake up within minutes, so she is generally on her tummy.

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Autumn started rolling over on her belly in the bed as soon as she could which was around 4 or 5months I think, she is definitely a belly sleeper.. alyssa wasn't until she was around 2

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
moped
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Yes, I have 2 belly sleepers - I would lay them down and before I could walk out they would flip to tummies!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Both Andrew and Allie slept on their bellies as soon as they could roll over by themselves. Before that they always seemed to sleep better on their sides than on their backs.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
DVFlyer
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Belly sleeper here too.

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

Logan doesn like sleeping on his back either especially flat in the crib. He'd rather be sitting up in the bouncy seat or swing. At night he sleeps on his side in his crib.

I have one of those snuggley velcro things for swadling...but he is already to tall for it.

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
lovemy2
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

BOTH of my kids were belly sleepers - they were pukers and just NEVER slept on their backs - I didn't let them sleep at nite on their bellies (or really during naps when they were right with me in a pack and play or something) until like 6 weeks when they had strong neck muscles and I saw that they were moving their head side to side well. They probably didn't sleep in their cribs on their tummies at nite until 8-10 weeks - Dylan had an Angel Care Monitor - the ones that beep when it doesn't sense movement - and it gave me peace of mind even though I did know it wasn't fool proof -

I know it isn't technically correct but I also know I don't sleep on my back so I understood why they couldn't either.....I don't think SIDS is something to ignore by any means but there are alot of conditions that can attribute to it - too much clothing, too hot in the room, etc. etc. so I eliminated those things as well....

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

I'll go against the grain tongue.gif

All my children slept on their sides, (still do) I used a "V" shaped sleeping wedge.

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

All of my children slept on their bellies

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
CantWait
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I think mine were all back sleepers, but honestly I never thought to put Anthony on his belly, if that would have worked with his sleep issues I surely would have switched him. It would have caused a lot of trouble. blink.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Bobby is a belly sleeper. Ever since he started rolling over he flips to his belly and sleeps there.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

yeap once Lexi learnt to roll it never failed she was always on her stomach. ALWAYS. It drove me nuts but she would turn over every time. She still sleeps on her belly
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0171 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]