Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Strength/Weight training?
coasterqueen
  Posted: Apr 4 2006, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Does anyone know of videos that are considered strength/weight training videos? Is Tae Bo one? I'm confused on this and trying to figure something out. blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I think the Boot Camp ones are, because of the bands. But I'm not sure... I ordered them but haven't gotten them. I think if you use even hand weights or resistance like the bands it's considered strength training.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

The Boot Camp videos are muscle toning; not muscle building. I don't know which would be considered muscle building weight training. I'm stuck on the Boot Camp videos. I have enough muscle; just need to bring 'em through the fat. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

Kated
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,435

I have to try the boot camp one the original ones are tuff those must be super hard!

--------------------
Kate D.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Some of Leslie Sansone's tapes (Walk Away the Pounds) have strength training on them. Minimal, but it's a great start. Just get some 3-5 pound weights. (I'd start small unless you are used to them wink.gif )

If you do squats, push ups, crunches or anything like that, that is strength training as well. wink.gif It's just using your body weight as resistance instead of a machine or hand weights.

Both are great and equally effective. I would suggest working several different muscles on different days and mixing it up with cardio or the tae bo dvd's. smile.gif If you look on line you can find a lot of exercises..you don't necessarily need a tape. I just do my own when I'm at the gym.

HTH

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Thanks Aimee. I know Carmen's dvd that I do is strength training and so is the new tae bo dvd I got so I'll use those. I've got some weight somewhere and will have to find them, lol.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (Kated @ Apr 4 2006, 01:10 PM)
I have to try the boot camp one the original ones are tuff those must be super hard!

I have not yet been able to finish the Ultimate Boot Camp workout without taking a break or cheating a little. It's like the Cardio with more emphasis on muscle tone. It kicks my butt and I think the women he has in that video are not really human. laugh.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

QUOTE (redchief @ Apr 4 2006, 08:57 PM)
It kicks my butt and I think the women he has in that video are not really human. laugh.gif

rolling_smile.gif You're killing me, Ed! laugh.gif

It's kind of like the tae bo instructor at our gym. blink.gif I dare not try her class!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0069 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]