Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Major vent..
Calimama
  Posted: Nov 8 2007, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,538

I have 2 vents actually..

DH has only been gone since Sunday but it's sooo hard. Everywhere we go we see Marines which then gets Miabella's hopes up and she starts looking for her daddy.. then she gets heartbroken all over again when she can't find him. We found out yesterday that it looks like they maybe getting extended so this deployment could be 11 months long, rather than the normal 7.

I'm so tired of his family calling to "check on us" and the conversation ends up being how hard this is on THEM, how long 7 months is going to seem, and how this completely disrupts their lives. rolleyes.gif They are upset that he's not calling them, even though he cut ties long before this deployment with some of them. They have done some horrible things and have started massive amounts of drama that is just draining on him and I and our relationship. He explained over and over that if they would just stop the drama, the rumors.. w/e.. then we would invite them to be back in our lives, but they've never stopped and they wonder why he won't call them during this deployment. blink.gif

Seriously, I'm not going to stay sane if something doesn't change. I don't want to talk about this with him because I want him relaxed and focused on his job... sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Well the family thing is tough - and I am likely a bit more mouthy than you because I would make it pretty clear that it isn't easy being in your shoes either - Bella wanting her dad, Denise not having her husband to lean on etc - but that is just me - I would say "ya know, funny thing is, it really isn't all about you guys"

laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (moped @ Nov 8 2007, 12:35 PM)
I would say "ya know, funny thing is, it really isn't all about you guys"

laugh.gif

rolling_smile.gif Oh trust me.. that's crossed my mind.
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Nov 8 2007, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (moped @ Nov 8 2007, 12:35 PM)
I would say "ya know, funny thing is, it really isn't all about you guys"

laugh.gif

rolling_smile.gif Oh trust me.. that's crossed my mind.

I could type you up an email when I am in a really "good" mood

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif I am so sorry. I dont know what that must be like. My bosses daughter's husband has had 3 tours overseas however and they have 3 young children. Do you live on base? I know it really helped her to talk to her "military friends" because they knew what she was going through kwim? As far as him fam goes do you have to talk to them? Can you screen their phone calls and accidentally miss at least part of them so you dont have to deal with it. Try to find some time to yourself also even if it is to cry or scream. Then maybe you can get it out of your system till the next one. Dont bottle it up girl.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

And don't answer their calls if possible! I mean screen them. I would! hug.gif hug.gif We all know how hard this is for you. We'd kick their butts if we could! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
momofone
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

Try your best to stay detached emotionally from them if they cause alot of stress because your marriage is the most important relationship. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I'm so sorry, that must be tough on you. As far as his family goes, ignore them. Seriously, don't take their calls. I think you're right by not telling your DH about it. You can say what Jen said, that it's "not all about you guys", but it sounds like whatever you say won't make a difference. IMO, they are who they are and most times, people who have hurt others won't change. They sound self-absorbed IMO. So my advice would be to just try to stay positive for your family and just try to look past their annoyances. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I understand completely where you are coming from. My MIL was the exact same way. hug.gif Sorry hun. I hope it gets better.
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Get on a plane and come East - we will take care of you hug.gif hug.gif

I am sorry you have to deal with all of this - and it seems like you have dealt with it for so long -

I am sorry too that DH is gone for soooo long - that really stinks - I honestly don't know how you do it - 7-10 months is a long time and poor Bella - I hope you can find some comfort from your military friends and of course - you always have us hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

get caller ID and ignore them

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif I'm SO sorry sweetie that SO sucks!!! I agree start screening their calls hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MoonMama
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

hug.gif hug.gif I'm with Lisa get caller ID and ignore them. Sorry they are making an already tough time even more tough honey. hug.gif hug.gif
PM
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

hug.gif hug.gif I completely understand. I know what both sides. What it is like to be away from your family and hearing from your partner what it's like dealing with everything at home. I think if you just focus on the three of you and forget everyone else you'll get through this just fine! I'm sorry to hear that it's been extended another 4 months. He'll be home soon! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0163 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]