Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Blog Tip: Comments
TLCDad
Posted: Mar 4 2008, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

To all the bloggers: By default I have it setup so that when someone comments to your blog, you must allow the comment to be posted. If you allow a comment by a particular person, the next time that same person comments it will allow their comment to be posted immediately. I recommend to not change that default setting. Especially do not allow anyone to comment automatically. Although, I have an anti-spam plugin enabled you still should first moderate the first comment by anyone.

I've noticed at least one blogger has changed the default so that no-one can comment unless they sign in. This will only allow people with other blogs to comment on your blog. You might of mistaken this as someone must have an account on the forums to post. This is incorrect as the forum (boards) users are totally different than blog users... they are totally different databases. You should probably put that back to the default and just moderate the first comment posted by anyone. Otherwise you probably will not get any or will get very few comments as they will only be by other bloggers.

Thanks!

Rod

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0099 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]