Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Baby on life support, Sad ...
msoulz
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,158

Baby on life support

The father has been ordered to remove life support but wants to bring the boy to Detroit for another opinion. How very sad ... bawling.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

That's horribly sad! sad.gif I don't understand why a judge has ordered them to take him off life support... can they do that? unsure.gif And it's only been four months... some people go for a lot longer on life support.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Feb 22 2011, 08:41 AM)
That's horribly sad! sad.gif I don't understand why a judge has ordered them to take him off life support... can they do that? unsure.gif And it's only been four months... some people go for a lot longer on life support.

Unfortunately, they can. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster

luvbug00
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I can understand his parents desperation but moving the child and all when dr's have clearly stated the fight for life is over I would be in denial..However it is a form of grief. Only they can look into their harts and come to terms with this situation.
I also understand what the judge is doing. sometimes we need a little push to do what is right, even if we dread the result.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

What a tragic story. If the dr's feel he is brain dead, what is the harm in letting him be transferred home with his relatives? I am sure this all about money and whether insurance will pay to transport him.
But if they are paying lawyers let his dad take him home.
It's horrible that these parents are living every parents worst nightmare but the Hosp. Is making it worse.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mummy2girls
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

This breaks my heart! I dont see why they cant just transfer him and get that second oppion and then let him die at home with family. Coming from a mom who was told by doctors that Jordan was brain dead I was in denial at first. i did not want to believe it, and every muscle jerk or anything gave me that second of ...maby he isnt brain dead. When I knew he was. So i can see why a father would want to hold on and wait to see. I knew that he was brain dead and nothing could be done i was able to sign the consent to take off life support. That father isnt at that stage and wants to just get that second oppion. Who will it hurt? Let him go and let the child die surrounding by family. the one thing that made me get through this is having family at the hospital surrounding jordan so i can see why he wants that

This post has been edited by mummy2girls on Feb 22 2011, 10:04 AM

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Calimama
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

What a horrible, horrible situation. sleep.gif sleep.gif
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Totally... I don't see why they wouldn't just release him so the parents can get a second opinion. I'd probably want a second opinion too, especially if we were away from home. I understand him wanting him to be able to die at home with loved ones around him too. What a sad situation. sleep.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

How horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I think that sometimes we need to stop thinking about money or the legal side of things and just be human to one another. Let the family get a second opinion so they don't have any doubts down the road, and let them take their baby home to be with loved ones during this difficult time.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Feb 22 2011, 01:58 PM)
How horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I think that sometimes we need to stop thinking about money or the legal side of things and just be human to one another. Let the family get a second opinion so they don't have any doubts down the road, and let them take their baby home to be with loved ones during this difficult time.

I agree. I mean, he's in Canada, right? So he's in another country, a territory that is NOT familiar to him. You are darn right I'd want a second opinion in my own area that I am familiar with, just so there is no "what if's" down the road. Don't they have any compassion? sleep.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Thats sad. Let the family get a 2nd opinion, just for piece of mind. What a hard thing.
PM
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Feb 22 2011, 09:41 AM)

You can go for years and years and years on life support, but you don't come back from brain dead. sleep.gif
Its so sad. that poor family.
PM
mckayleesmom
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I think the parents should be allowed to take their little man home.

I read an article yesterday about this little boy and if I remember correctly he has a neurological disorder that also took the life of his older sister years ago.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Feb 23 2011, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

It's tragic for that family. What a nightmare for them. Still, I can't help thinking there's more to this story than we're hearing in that little clip. As it's told, it really doesn't make sense.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0136 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]