Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Friday Weigh-In
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Well, I usually eat an organic egg scrambled and organic oatmeal (with a little sugar), but lately I've had to add another egg in order to keep full til lunch. So that's 8 points. Some days if I know I'm not going to be having lunch or only have a very small one I'll have two packets of oatmeal making it 11 points. But 6 out of 7 days I almost always eat eggs and oatmeal. blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Sep 29 2006, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Sep 29 2006, 12:12 PM)
Well, I usually eat an organic egg scrambled and organic oatmeal (with a little sugar), but lately I've had to add another egg in order to keep full til lunch. So that's 8 points. Some days if I know I'm not going to be having lunch or only have a very small one I'll have two packets of oatmeal making it 11 points. But 6 out of 7 days I almost always eat eggs and oatmeal. blush.gif

Hey Karen, you do know that eggs and oatmeal are both CORE foods, if you could find a few more CORE may work for you and you don't have to use so many points on regular foods you like to eat.

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (booey2 @ Sep 29 2006, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Sep 29 2006, 12:12 PM)
Well, I usually eat an organic egg scrambled and organic oatmeal (with a little sugar), but lately I've had to add another egg in order to keep full til lunch.  So that's 8 points.  Some days if I know I'm not going to be having lunch or only have a very small one I'll have two packets of oatmeal making it 11 points.  But 6 out of 7 days I almost always eat eggs and oatmeal.  blush.gif

Hey Karen, you do know that eggs and oatmeal are both CORE foods, if you could find a few more CORE may work for you and you don't have to use so many points on regular foods you like to eat.

Not my oatmeal. blush.gif I have to have maple spice w/some added sugar.

I saw some things on that list that I can eat - like bananas, tomato soup, etc.

but how many points do you get for the stuff not on core?

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

booey2
  Posted: Sep 29 2006, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

thumb.gif Karen, you still get your weekly points allowance of 35 . That is how I make it thru the week, using it on bread and other good stuff. You could also use plain oatmeal, flavour with maple extract and splenda or another sweetener or use points for the sugar and maple syrup for flavour.

This post has been edited by booey2 on Sep 29 2006, 08:44 AM

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
CantWait
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Starting WI: 201
Today: 194

7 in total, 1 this week. I'm not really trying. At the advice of Karen I am taking it easy for a bit and not putting any pressure on myself. DH won't be around much for the next 6 weeks, going hardcore isn't going to fit into the new scedule very much right now anyway.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Sep 29 2006, 10:46 AM)
Starting weight: 206
Today: 198

I will not take too much credit for this though. I started my new anti anxiety meds and one of the side effects is anorexia. (I know, DARN! rolleyes.gif ) While I love food too much to become anorexic, I have lost most of my appetite and so I'm not eating as much. thumb.gif

Cary, this one of the side effects of one of my anit-deppresants, it went away after a few weeks, and my appetite went back to normal. I don't think you have much to worry about. thumb.gif

Well done to everyone. wub.gif

--------------------

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

PMEmail Poster
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 212

Di how are you breaking down your meals? Are you having snacks in between the big meals. In order for your metabolism to work correctly you have to eat when your hungry. So if your letting youself go for too long that might be the problem. I asked my Mom, who used to do meetings, why you could have gained eating your flex pionts and she said that shouldn't happen. Are you about to have AF? It's possible that it might be your time to retain water and that's why you gained the pound.

Oh and I tried the Kashi Chewy Granola bars the other day. They are really good and filling. 2 points a serving.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (MomToJade&Jordan @ Sep 29 2006, 03:31 PM)
Di how are you breaking down your meals? Are you having snacks in between the big meals. In order for your metabolism to work correctly you have to eat when your hungry. So if your letting youself go for too long that might be the problem. I asked my Mom, who used to do meetings, why you could have gained eating your flex pionts and she said that shouldn't happen. Are you about to have AF? It's possible that it might be your time to retain water and that's why you gained the pound.

Oh and I tried the Kashi Chewy Granola bars the other day. They are really good and filling. 2 points a serving.

I think there's something to that. I know I retain water during ovulation AND AF. So that's two weeks a month I'm retaining water. wacko.gif Maybe this is the case for you Di. I mean you gained a pound, that could easily be water weight.

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 212

I retain water during ovulation as well. So if a pound doesn't come off or I gain a pound during that time I know it will reflect the following week. You're doing a great job Di. thumb.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Starting: 169
Current: 166

Down 3 lb - not bad. My goal is 6 more by Nov. 1!

Congrats to all you losers, and thanks for all the great snack ideas!!
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

hahaha add 10 lbs to all the before and after wieghts I posted, what an idiot I am today. dunce.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0157 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]