Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 5 months to lose 15 pounds
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

And this sounds achievable, right? Well one would think, but things are just moving TOO slow for me. I have 5 months (well 4 months and a week) to get back down to my pre-pg weight. I was only 10 pounds away a few months ago, then I started really working out and things have been SLOW every since. wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif Or I should say pretty non-existant. wacko.gif

Anyways, I'm eating right at my points target (including eating exercise points) and working out 4 to 5 times a week and NOTHING....I notice changes in my body but not the scale. This is important to me to get down to my pre-pg weight by this 5 month mark, for reasons I really don't want to share right now. happy.gif

So somebody motivate me, give me that ultimate pill that will make this happen! PLEASE!!!! nuts.gif nuts.gif pthhh.gif pthhh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

have you tried boosting up your work out? Also cutting back on carbs (white flour, pasta, potatoes, rice, bread) helps, but its not easy?
good luck

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (ediep @ Jul 25 2006, 02:22 PM)
have you tried boosting up your work out? Also cutting back on carbs (white flour, pasta, potatoes, rice, bread) helps, but its not easy?
good luck

Ah, Edie, you are talking to someone who loves Italian food. happy.gif That's all Dh's family cooks when we visit being they are Italian.

But yes, I am trying to cut my carbs more and I'm not sure how much more I can boost my workout. I workout until my body is such a noodle I can't go no more. wacko.gif wacko.gif

I do need to cut out sweets, but I'm not near as bad at this as I used to be. I think it's just harder losing it the second time around. wacko.gif I am actually being a lot better with Weight Watchers and working out when I didn't after Kylie and I'm losing the weight a lot slower this time around. rolleyes.gif

But I'm going to look at my daily intake and see what I can re-arrange, take out, etc. I can't cut my cals back too far with nursing since I'm already having a supply issue.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

ediep
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jul 25 2006, 03:27 PM)
have you tried boosting up your work out?  Also cutting back on carbs (white flour, pasta, potatoes, rice, bread) helps, but its not easy?
good luck

Ah, Edie, you are talking to someone who loves Italian food. happy.gif That's all Dh's family cooks when we visit being they are Italian.
But I'm going to look at my daily intake and see what I can re-arrange, take out, etc. I can't cut my cals back too far with nursing since I'm already having a supply issue.

yes, I know its hard! I lost a few pounds a while back by just not eating rice, potatoes, and bagels anymore

do you still walk on your treadmill everyday? You could incorporate a few minutes of running too...say walk for 5 minutes and run for 1 minute and continue for 30-45 minutes.

Good luck

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (ediep @ Jul 25 2006, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jul 25 2006, 03:27 PM)
have you tried boosting up your work out?  Also cutting back on carbs (white flour, pasta, potatoes, rice, bread) helps, but its not easy?
good luck

yes, I know its hard! I lost a few pounds a while back by just not eating rice, potatoes, and bagels anymore

do you still walk on your treadmill everyday? You could incorporate a few minutes of running too...say walk for 5 minutes and run for 1 minute and continue for 30-45 minutes.

Good luck

I do treadmill about every other day for 45 minutes. I usually either do intervals like you mentioned or I just jog/run (depending on how one sees it, lol) at about 5.5 mph to 6 mph for 40 to 45 minutes. Otherwise on other days I do 45 minutes of Taebo Cardio or 45 minutes of Strength training dvd.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]