Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> When it rains...., it pours!
supermom
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

What a day yesterday. Didn't get on and post, was too busy running around for everybody and everything (but me, that is!!) I don't know if I could do that again, but I still have one more that is going to be learning how to drive next year (YIKES!!)

Well, to start at the top, yesterday morning I get a call (8 am, still DH and Anders and Emily not up, just me and the older girls, already left for school) from 14yo DD, and she tells me not to "freak out" but the van is in the ditch, the cops are there, the tow truck is on it's way and they are both fine!! Apparently, my older DD (the 16 yo) had been paying more attention to something she was trying to get out of her purse than she was driving on the road, and she went off the road and into the ditch.....

So, I go and get DH up (knew someone would have to stay with the van while I drove both kids to school) and grabbed Emily and Anders (still in pajamas) and off we go to the wreck. We get there, and of course, Leah is crying (the 16 yo) and Sara is laughing about it (she just blew it off!) and we check out everyone, and everyone seems ok, so we go off to school while they are towing out the van. Get to school, get everyone checked in, since they are more than 1/2 hour late, and then start to go and pick up DH. I get a call from the school nurse, and apparently Leah has a pretty good size bump on her head, and they think she ought to be seen by the emergency room. So, leave DH (they havne't got the van ready to tow yet) and go and get Leah from school. While I am on my way to get her, DH calls and tells me that AAA Auto will not pay to tow the van anywhere, if we want it towed so it can get fixed (all it had were two popped tires and some minor front-end damage - still driveable if we put new tires on) we'd have to pay the extra for the tow. Well, I got on my phone and called the AAA local office. They ended up paying for "both" tows but that was one more stress. So, picked up my DD, then went and picked up my DH so I could drop him off at our store (it's now 9:45 and we're supposed to open at 9). Take my DD to the doctor (our regular Family Practitioner) and he says just bedrest for a day and to watch her. Kinda figured that, but had to make sure! Go to get into car and now MY van won't start.....dead battery. So again, call AAA and had someone come out and jump me. Drive my car straight to the Battery Shop to get the battery replaced. Then pick up the other van, it also needs a new battery, so make second trip there.

All in all, we spent about $500 and 1/2 day work to get this all done. Thank God I have always insisted on my children wearing seatbelts, or else it would have been a LOT worse........but yesterday was very stressful. When I got home last night, I made me two very big margaritas and felt much better - teehee - but that was the size of my day!

Hugs to all and I am sorry I've missed some stuff here - teehee -

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
amynicole21
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

WOW!! What a mess ohmy.gif I'm so glad the girls are ok! Maybe it'll teach them both a lesson about paying attention to the road... though I still have trouble with that sometimes blush.gif

Have another margerita for me! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
maliksmommy
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Momma's little guy:)

Member No.: 106

WOW! That is one heck of a day. I am glad that your girls are okay, that must have been scary for them. I hope you can take it easy today!

--------------------
***Diann and Malik 9/4/2002***

chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 86

oh Boy!!!! You really had a busy day!!! So glad your girls are ok, hopefully this will be a learning experience for them, thats good that they wear seatbelts!!!

Hopefully today will be much better and less stressful for you

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

That is such a crazy day! Glad everyone is ok though...

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

im so glad their okay!!! I hope that your okay too!!! a margerita sounds very good right now...hope you have/had a better day today!!!

This post has been edited by Jessyann on Sep 18 2003, 10:46 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
DansMom
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

One of those days where you think it can't get any worse... and it does! I hope today is less eventful smile.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
jdkjd
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Miss Bailey

Member No.: 85

Goodness! I'm glad everyone is ok. The girls will learn from the accident and pay more attention, I'm sure.

Try and have a more relaxing day today-and get some "me" time this weekend!

--------------------
Jenn
Mother of Bailey (9/16/02) and Kiera Bryn (3/15/04)

Bailey and Kiera's Website
Schnoogly
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Member No.: 82

how did you manage to do that with a newborn??? I can't imagine, how crazy! Glad everyone is OK though. What a pain!

--------------------
Steph, mom to Iain born 12/24/02 whose heart was fixed 3-20-03
Iain's page & heart story & one ^i^ 9/04
user posted image
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

OMGosh what chaos!!! You *sound* much more calm than I would be. I think I would be bouncing off of rubber walls just about now. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

QUOTE (Schnoogly @ Sep 18 2003, 02:04 PM)
how did you manage to do that with a newborn??? I can't imagine, how crazy! Glad everyone is OK though. What a pain!

Guess you just do what you gotta do is all - and I gotta do!!

And thanks everyone - it's been a little calmer today, though Leah's head still hurts, so she's skipping work tonight again. But, she beat herself up as much or more than I would have so I got to skip the lecture - teehee - thank goodness.

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

Wow you are supermom! I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay. grouphug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Now I know where you got the nickname Supermom! That was one hectic day... it would be hectic enough without a newborn and toddler (Is Anders still considered a toddler?)

I am soo glad the girls were ok. I freak out at the words "accident" and I wouldn't have been as calm. I probably would have been like your DD and been in tears.

Hope today was better for you and you managed to get some rest after all that!

grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
supermom
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Sep 18 2003, 08:18 PM)
I am soo glad the girls were ok. I freak out at the words "accident" and I wouldn't have been as calm. I probably would have been like your DD and been in tears.

Oh, don't worry, I cried my share yesterday, mostly from being overwhelmed, I think......

dunno.gif - Is Anders still a toddler? I dunno - teehee - although these days he doesn't much seem like it.....he's getting too big too fast

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

~CrazieMama~
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 175

I am glad the girls are ok. Hugs to you and your family. grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
PM
CantWait
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Sure doesn't sound like a very good day at all, hope all is going a bit smoother now. Hugs to you Supermom grouphug.gif How is the bump???

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

Oh my, what a day.... It coulda been so much worse. I hope they just remember that. Your amazing supermom.... grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
PM
ediep
Posted: Sep 19 2003, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

Oh my....I am so glad that everyone is ok.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0331 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]