Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What a weekend, with the 14 yo DD
supermom
  Posted: Sep 14 2003, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Well, it's been an interesting weekend to say the least. This is the second time the 14 yo DD has visited from her father's house, and things are not going well. She is thinking about staying here. That didn't last long!! LOL! I didn't figure it would, but thought it would be longer than three months!! That is really too funny as far as he is concerned, but really too bad that she finally realizes what a jerk my XH is. I guess he has told her that if she moved back in with me, she would NEVER be welcome at his house again (not even for a visit) and that is one of the reasons she is hesitating on not staying here NOW instead of waiting to see if things get worse. I think she's figured out they are not going to get better.......

I really feel so sorry for her, but it's got to be her decision, because I can't go and fight for her and win without her wanting to be here with us instead. She is old enough to make up her own mind, but I am just worried what kind of psychological damage he's going to manage to do to her if she does stay with him for even another couple of weeks.

Well, it's just about time to leave to meet him halfway, so time for her to choose what she wants to do. Of course I have told her any time she changes her mind, she is more than welcome to come to live with us. I have also told her it's not "fun and games" and she's got to be really, really sure. She's very wise for her years, and she knows I love her (told her that over and over and over!) so, hopefully that will soften his mental blows. Did I mention he's a jerk?? Well, I have a few other choice words, but I don't think they are appropriate language for this board.

Sigh - I feel so sorry for her, and I really don't want her to leave. If she does, I am going to spend the next two weeks worrying about her. I am so glad I got her her own cell phone so I can call her without having to play his head games......

Thanks all for listening to me vent.......

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Oh that has got to be tough... I feel bad for her. I can't believe that he would say that she is not welcome back for visits if she goes back to living with you. OMG... I can't imagine how that made her feel. He really is a jerk (for lack of a better word).

Give her hugs from us and let us know how it goes!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

WOW im so sorry for her and for you!! I hope everything will turn out alright and she doesnt get hurt!! But if she does at least she knows she a has a great mother and family to be there for her!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

grouphug.gif That is a tough situation. Your poor daughter must be torn to have to make that decission. I guess the only thing you can do is be there for her (which sounds like you are already) when she does come home! Your Ex sounds like a real JERK! :grouhug:

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
DansMom
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Uggh! I feel for her. My dad was pretty immature in a similar way, so I can relate. It will mean so much (the world) to her that you are solidly there and available and unconditional and a true parent to her.

smile.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Just to let you all know - she's decided to stay. I called and got his answering machine so I am sure there will be repercussions (this is the man I had to take to court to get my oldest son's stuff back from him when oldest DS moved back in with me). So, I am sure that it will be difficult to get her stuff back......at a minimum. But now at least I won't worry about her (for that reason at least, as a mom, especially with teenagers, I always worry - teehee) - I am SO GLAD she has decided to come home to stay! Now just to work thru all the rest of the crud we're gonna deal with.....and get her registered for school here tomorrow.....LOL!! Ought to be a fun day to say the least.

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I think that was the best decision. It's tough being a teenager without dealing with that crud from her father. The good thing is that she's got a great Mom and family that she is living with again.

grouphug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

yeahh im glad she decided to stay with you too!!! She sounds like a very tough young girl!!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
supermom
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

She is a wonderful young lady - not that we've not had our moments, too, but I've never said some of the things I have heard him say to her - she knows when she's crossed the line, and she is a bright, sensitive, intelligent young lady who I am very proud of........and I am glad she's home.

I am just not looking forward to dealing with XH to get her stuff, but I thank goodness for my DH who will go and help me - both with the physical aspect of getting her stuff and the mental aspect of dealing with a jerk! Bless him - he's wonderful.......

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Member No.: 171

Bev I am so happy she decided to stay! I hope the jerk doesnt give you a hard time about getting the stuff to her. You would think after so many years they would run out of steam and be fair. Wish her good luck starting school and I am thinking of you guys during this whole situation. wub.gif

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~CrazieMama~
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 175

WooHoo!!!!!!!! Glad to hear that she is back with you. I know how XH can be. I deal with one all the time. Hugs to you and your family... grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
PM
MomToMany
Posted: Sep 15 2003, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

horray.gif I'm SO glad that she decided to stay with you! Ugh, I deal with an X-H all the time, too, so I know how hard that can be!

amynicole21
Posted: Sep 15 2003, 04:41 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

I'm so glad she decided to stay. What a jerk for making her feel unsure and unsafe when making her decision mad.gif What kind of parent does that??

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
supermom
Posted: Sep 15 2003, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

The kind of parent who does that is one that is insecure about his own stuff - and I guess that it makes him feel powerful? Who knows - it just goes to prove what I've always said, and that was he didn't have a clue how to raise children.......he didn't help when we lived together when they got older, and so he really doesn't know ......

And I am so glad she's here too - we got her all fixed up for school this morning, and now we can work on seeing if we can get all her stuff back. Ought to be interesting....

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 15 2003, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I'm glad she decided to stay and that things will work out. I hope she gets her stuff back. Good luck. smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
jdkjd
Posted: Sep 15 2003, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Miss Bailey

Member No.: 85

I'm so glad she's back with you. It sounds like your X-H could have really done her some damage.

Good luck with an addition to the household-but I imagine she can be a great help with the little ones.

grouphug.gif

--------------------
Jenn
Mother of Bailey (9/16/02) and Kiera Bryn (3/15/04)

Bailey and Kiera's Website
maliksmommy
Posted: Sep 15 2003, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Momma's little guy:)

Member No.: 106

Glad she is back with you and I am happy that you have such a wonderful DH now to help you deal with your horrible EX-H! I hope things go fairly smoothly in trying to get her stuff back. GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
***Diann and Malik 9/4/2002***
Schnoogly
Posted: Sep 15 2003, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Member No.: 82

I'm so sorry...I had similar experiences with my dad, and she really does have to figure it out on her own. I wish we had cell phones when I was a kid--my dad and step mom used to listen in on my conversations with my mom and then confront me with things I said.

It will be tough for her, but she does have to make her own decisions! Good luck to your family.

--------------------
Steph, mom to Iain born 12/24/02 whose heart was fixed 3-20-03
Iain's page & heart story & one ^i^ 9/04
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]