Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Logan has some funky stuff, on his face
MyBrownEyedBoy
  Posted: Mar 26 2011, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,273

He's six and a half, so a bit old for baby acne. But I swear that's exactly what it looks like this kid has. Across the apple of each cheek, he has a cluster of tiny bumps. And I swear they look like pimples. It's not that I don't keep his face clean, I started cleaning his cheeks with cetaphil when I first noticed this a few months ago. It seems to have improved slightly. Maybe I need to make sure his stepmom knows and is cleaning them, too. Any ideas what the heck this is?

ETA and what can I treat it with?

This post has been edited by MyBrownEyedBoy on Mar 26 2011, 07:39 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
luvbug00
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Mya occasionally gets little pimples.
However is take him to the Dr to be sure before putting meds on it.
Brad did that once to what he thought were pimples. Turned out to be adult chicken pox. (he had them as a kid but it was dormant and came back) anyway scarred the left side of his face from improper medication.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Thanks, Nadya. He just seems too young for zits. I'll talk to dork about making sure his face is clean, avoiding lotion on his cheeks and we'll see if it clears up. If it gets worse, I'll make an appointment with his ped.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo

cameragirl21
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

are they itchy and red? Is there a way you could post a pic?
Do you still have him on EP oil?

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

It sounds like excsema (?) My son had it for most of his life, not only on his cheeks in the winter but also year round on his arms and back. It looks a little like chicken skin, right? I'd say that the less you do, the better. Lay off the soaps, and only use stuff like Eucerin calming cream right after a shower before he's even dried off. Mostly, I'd leave it alone unless it's really bothering him.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Mar 27 2011, 12:55 PM)
It sounds like excsema (?) My son had it for most of his life, not only on his cheeks in the winter but also year round on his arms and back. It looks a little like chicken skin, right? I'd say that the less you do, the better. Lay off the soaps, and only use stuff like Eucerin calming cream right after a shower before he's even dried off. Mostly, I'd leave it alone unless it's really bothering him.

My kids have excema and our dermatologist suggested Dove unsented, no lotions with sent (because usually it has alcohol in it which will/can cause it to get worse). And he gave us a cream... it usually is worse during the winter from the dry heat and COLD weather.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
ZandersMama
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

Zander is only six and he gets pimples. I mentioned it to the ped and she said it happens sometimes, she is watching him for signs of early puberty, checks his hormone levels and such. He also needs to wear deoderant, when hes out running for awhile he comes in smelling like a teenage boy.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Will has the same on his cheeks and the backs of his arms (I do, too).
We just make sure he exfoliates when he washes his face. That seems to help.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Jons skin is a hot mess. He uses tea tree oil. But although its natural its really strong stuff.
Good luck on finding out, keep us posted!

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Mar 27 2011, 12:55 PM)

Logan's had eczema for years. But this is different. And it truly looks like pimples, down to occasionally turning into whiteheads.
Jennifer, I'd get a picture, but he tends to get self-conscious if I seem to be examining something closely, and I don't want him to be worried about school tomorrow. Could be aggravated by the cold, dry weather we're having, but that's no different from any other year. It's always cold and dry here.
I've used unscented Dove for years because of the eczema. Just started the Cetaphil on his cheeks. It does look better than it has. I think we both need more outside time. Sunlight and vitamin D sound better and better every day. But it snowed again for a little bit this afternoon. Ugh.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
cameragirl21
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

do you have any coconut oil? it's antimicrobial and will soothe inflamed skin.
I'm not a huge fan of cetaphil because it's a chemical cocktail and I'm much more into natural products.
If you have any coconut oil, rub a small amount onto his cheeks. Should help regardless of what it is.
Could also be an allergic reaction, what is he allregic to?

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 04:13 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

bless his heart! It really could be from lack of vitamin D and spending some time in the sun could be really helpful! I get these bumps on my arms EVERY winter and when I get out in the sun they mostly go away they ALMOST look like pimple and sometimes even come to a head (SOO gross!) oh and coconut oil is totally a "heal all" so you could try that or tea tree oil and liquid vitamin E is helpful for inflammed skin.

This post has been edited by A&A'smommy on Mar 28 2011, 04:15 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 05:29 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (cameragirl21 @ Mar 27 2011, 06:21 PM)
do you have any coconut oil? it's antimicrobial and will soothe inflamed skin.
I'm not a huge fan of cetaphil because it's a chemical cocktail and I'm much more into natural products.
If you have any coconut oil, rub a small amount onto his cheeks. Should help regardless of what it is.
Could also be an allergic reaction, what is he allregic to?

Coconut oil is the bomb! We love it. We use it more for chapped lips, but maybe I should try that on Megan's skin right now. Hmmmm, got me thinking. happy.gif We don't use Cetaphil or Eucerin because it has alcohol in it which dries the skin. We do use a lotion called Dr. Watkins which is a natural/organic brand that has NO alcohol in it that we love.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0149 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]