Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Know anything about over supply
moped
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

I just think that she is getting way too much at once and ocassionally choking and then very shortly after spitting up tons.......it jsut started the last 2 days......it seemed fine before that. Is this all part of engorgement and will even itself out? I just don't like her getting so much at once and then puking it all up

Anyone?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Totally normal. Your body has no idea how much to make at this point, so it over-produces. Do not pump unless it's completely necessary at this point. Sometimes, you may need to get a little off the top just so she can latch on, but don't try to empty it out. It will even out in a few days or so. The choking is normal, too. Not fun, but normal. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
moped
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Dec 25 2007, 05:37 PM)
Totally normal. Your body has no idea how much to make at this point, so it over-produces. Do not pump unless it's completely necessary at this point. Sometimes, you may need to get a little off the top just so she can latch on, but don't try to empty it out. It will even out in a few days or so. The choking is normal, too. Not fun, but normal. hug.gif

Oh thank you - I am so glad to hear that

So when it evens out can I start pumping sometimes?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

amynicole21
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Yes. Typically, they say to wait to start really pumping until your supply has settled down a bit. Just remember, whatever you take out will cause your body to say, "oh, this is the amount I need to be making." Just don't get yourself into a situation where you are constantly over-producing.

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
moped
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Dec 25 2007, 06:55 PM)
Yes. Typically, they say to wait to start really pumping until your supply has settled down a bit. Just remember, whatever you take out will cause your body to say, "oh, this is the amount I need to be making." Just don't get yourself into a situation where you are constantly over-producing.

Ok got it!

Thanks so much!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

In my very short stint of breastfeeding I had this problem - I was so engorged I pumped and it just got worse and worse and hurt more and more - and I pumped each time not knowing it would make the oversupply worse - I was told by my ped to use cold cabbage leaves on my breasts to help with the engorgement pain to get through it - unfortunately I didn't have very good support when I tried to BF - I wish I knew some of this stuff....good luck I hope it settles down in a few days for you................. hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Jen, in the beginning, I would always manually squeeze (lack of a better word) some out before latching the boys on. Or lay a warm washcloth over your breasts, have a let down, and then latch her on. It will even out. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

I pumped off with Aiden cuz he did the same thing. DUMB. But I also had to go to work so I was always like yeah more milk stashed but there were times when I would have to get up in the night to pump cuz it hurt so bad. Listen to the other ladies. They are smart smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

All is well - i followed your advice - they are much better and feeling way more confortable the last day or so. Even shrunk a bit - Whew!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0132 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]