Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pump cleaning, dishwasher?
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Aug 6 2007, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I run all my pump accessories (horns and bottles) in the dishwasher sometimes. Not all the time, I usually handwash, but I admit to doing it sometimes. I know that putting plastic in the dishwasher isn't the safest. My question is, I have a friend who is pumping exclusively (she has problems nursing), so I was at her house over the weekend and noticed that all her accessories were turning a bright yellow color. I asked her why and she said it's from putting them in the dishwasher so much (she has used them through two children). Mine didn't turn yellow. Anyone elses? I didn't want to say anything to her without knowing for sure - but does anyone know if this is harmful? Seems really stange to me.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Aug 6 2007, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I never used the dishwasher, i always used the bottle steamer thingy that went into the microwave though, and never had a discoloring..
I wonder if its the dishwasher soap that she is using too, those things come with a lot of chemicals now a days....
maybe its the soap?

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
wcs40110
Posted: Aug 6 2007, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 5,240

My boyfriend seems to think my dishwasher cleans out bottles and pump parts but it leave really nasty white marks all over everything *we have really hard water* I tried jetdry and stuff but it doesnt help. (My dishwasher is really old and ghetto and doesnt get normal dishes clean half the time is why im nocking it not getting them clean, i would imagin most dishwashers would.) Anyways, he usually puts them through the dishwasher then I do them by hand but Ive notice the horns (?) getting a yellowy buildup too lately. They kind of make me nervous because they get ucky and you cant really thoughlly wash them. My babys 10 months though and shes fine, I guess boiling every once in awhile helps... I would guess it depends on the water.
PMEmail Poster

amynicole21
Posted: Aug 6 2007, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Hmmmm... I washed my parts in the dishwasher almost every day for a year with Nora and with Sophia I mostly handwashed, but I never had a discoloration problem dunno.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0137 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]