Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Anyone Interested in starting a Adoption Forum?
finallyamom
  Posted: Mar 31 2003, 04:06 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 63

wavey.gif
Hi, I am new here. I am an adoptive mom to a wonderful son born 3 years ago. DH and I are in our 40's and I would like to know if anyone would like to start an adoption forum here..

A brief intro..
DH and I adopted our son 3 years ago. We were blessed and honored to be in the delivery room to help him into the world. Right now we have no contact with his birthmother but we both have eachothers phone numbers and addresses. She is more then welcome to call us at anytime. I do send her yearly updates and pictures of my son and the family.

I would like to hear from other mom's or dad's that have adopted and would like to share there experiences.

On another note. I am also and adoptee. Yes, I was adopted at 2 months old and I have searched and found both my birthparents..
Adoption has changed a great deal since the 60's since everything was CLOSED and it took an act of congress to get any info. I am so glad we got the chance to meet our son's birthmother and some family members and have info where I know I can get in contact with her when he is ready to talk to her.

thanks
cathy
PMEmail Poster
madaise
Posted: Mar 31 2003, 04:49 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

Welcome Cathy and congratulations! I think it's wonderful that they are doing so many open adoptions these days. And you are so lucky to have found your birth parents. smile.gif

--------------------
Judi
momma to Cas, Em, Tege, Jordan & Ry
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 31 2003, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Hi Cathy and welcome! wavey.gif

What a wonderful story. I think it is terrific that you keep the birth mother involved... I would think a lot of parents that adopt would be afraid to do that. Does being an adoptee have something to do with that? And, at least you will know what your son will be feeling about being adopted.

You sound like a terrific Mom!

Thanks for sharing your story and we're glad you're here.

Dee Dee

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

TLCDad
Posted: Mar 31 2003, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

wavey.gif Hi Cathy! Thank you for shareing your wonderful story.
Feel free to invite any of your friends espcially who have also adopted children. Also everyone, feel free to post your ideas on a name for the forum, etc.

Dee Dee and I talked about in the future to become foster parents. I'm just afraid of getting too attached to them and then have to let them ago when its time for them to move on. ;(
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0134 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]