Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Struggling and Confused
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Aug 28 2007, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

sleep.gif I know that most of you know that DH and I seperated amicably about 2 years ago. We reconciled (kinda) last year when Spencer came home. In my mind it was never supposed to be a permanent situation, this house didn't feel like mine anymore despite everything DH did to make it beautiful for me. In time I thought I would find my own Apartment again. Then Spencer got sick again and I realized the timing was not good for me to move out and when we came back from Toronto (in April) it's been pretty much the same, not good timing for me to leave. Now I'm 90% in charge of Spencers line care. I flush his lines everyday. So once again now I'm torn, I can't leave now Spencer needs me. But I'm not sure if I want to be here anymore. Believe me I'm not trying to be selfish.

unsure.gif Anyway a few things have happened and I was not aware of this until I saw my Psychologist today. While I'm not sure that we are really working on our relationship. We go to Marriage Counseling but nothing really has changed. We still sleep in the same bed and we still have sex, but it's weird. Our communication is really bad and I find that the my anger has come back and I'm yelling a lot more.

I know this probably won't make sense. But right now what I'm trying to do is make this house more mine. We have this very old 70's light fixture in the kitchen, it's white with orange and yellow fowers on it. We painted out Kitchen orange and yellow. About a week ago DH was looking through the flyers and he found another fixture for the kitchen. But I got angry and told him, he couldn't change it. Why would I act like this if I'm planning to move out. Then after waiting all summer for DH to call a roofing company to fix our roof I went ahead and did it. I didn't think it was my responsibility since it wasn't my house. So I called the company, hired them and went to pick out shingle and eaves troughing colours.

dunno.gif This is really bizzare and I'm not quite sure what is going on with me. I'm not sure if I'm just settling and hoping that one day DH and I will have back the relationship we had 15 years ago. Don't get me wrong I love my husband very much and he will always be my best friend no matter what happens. I just don't know if it's that romantic kind of love and if it isn't that then isn't what I'm doing, what DH and I are doing wrong? bawling.gif

This post has been edited by CJ'SMOM2002 on Aug 28 2007, 06:28 PM

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Aug 28 2007, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Do you think maybe you are doing this because you want to stay in the house but not the marriage? Like make him move out?

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 28 2007, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (Our Lil' Family @ Aug 28 2007, 09:29 PM)
Do you think maybe you are doing this because you want to stay in the house but not the marriage? Like make him move out?

I don't think so. He is the stronger parent and the kids have a better relationship with him. The kids are better off with him. I'm not sure why I'm doing this.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

luvmykids
Posted: Aug 28 2007, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

I have no advice but lots of hug.gif hug.gif to you. It must be gut wrenching on a daily basis, I hope things straighten out for you soon hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 28 2007, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif Marriage is by no means easy I see that everyday in my own life, but I think every couple goes through rough patches but you can't really compare you and him to what you were 15 years ago, everyone and everything changes... life changes, kids change you and themselves. Sometimes I see in my own life that I have start the communication up myself, open the lines and be firm and tell him what I need and want in this marriage. I'm not really trying to give you marriage advice just some ideas on why things don't feel right to you.

Maybe your doing this so you can feel at home in YOUR home.. its not just your DH's you make it yours when live in that house and take care of it and the children!!! hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif I hope things get better for you!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Aug 28 2007, 09:38 PM)
I have no advice but lots of hug.gif hug.gif to you. It must be gut wrenching on a daily basis, I hope things straighten out for you soon hug.gif

hug.gif Thank You for your support!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ Aug 28 2007, 10:01 PM)
hug.gif hug.gif Marriage is by no means easy I see that everyday in my own life, but I think every couple goes through rough patches but you can't really compare you and him to what you were 15 years ago, everyone and everything changes... life changes, kids change you and themselves. Sometimes I see in my own life that I have start the communication up myself, open the lines and be firm and tell him what I need and want in this marriage. I'm not really trying to give you marriage advice just some ideas on why things don't feel right to you.

Maybe your doing this so you can feel at home in YOUR home.. its not just your DH's you make it yours when live in that house and take care of it and the children!!! hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif I hope things get better for you!!!

hug.gif Thanks. I never ever thought this would happen to me and my DH. But everything we've been through, I've been through has really changed us both and I think right now I'm burnt out again.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

hug.gif I don't really have much advice either, but I am always here to listen and support you. I know you are going to marriage counseling, but are you still seeing a therapist (just you?) ... have you discussed this with your therapist? Sometimes it helps to talk to an objective person. I am not objective because you are too close of a friend.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Aug 29 2007, 12:06 PM)
hug.gif I don't really have much advice either, but I am always here to listen and support you. I know you are going to marriage counseling, but are you still seeing a therapist (just you?) ... have you discussed this with your therapist? Sometimes it helps to talk to an objective person. I am not objective because you are too close of a friend.

hug.gif Thanks. I am seeing a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist. I just saw my Psychologist and it was in his office that we both made the realization of what I was doing. We see our Marriage Counsellor monthly, sometimes every other week, but I don't feel that it is really going anywhere. Today we have another session, so we will see what happens.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Hun, I wish I could help you out, but you described my life in many ways. Dh is my best friend, we raise our children together great, but not sure if we have what it takes romantically to move forward and not sure if I want that.

Just know I'm here if you ever need to talk. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Aug 29 2007, 01:36 PM)
Hun, I wish I could help you out, but you described my life in many ways. Dh is my best friend, we raise our children together great, but not sure if we have what it takes romantically to move forward and not sure if I want that.

Just know I'm here if you ever need to talk. hug.gif hug.gif

hug.gif Thank You!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0166 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]