Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Calling All Moms...
chrisfromcali
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,770

Hello Ladies,

So My wife and I are having our first baby and so far it's so amazing! biggrin.gif Yesterday I saw my baby for the first time on an Ultrasound, pretty cool! So anyway along with this comes worrying about everything, well at least with me anyway. My wife seems more calm about things.

I have a question because this has been bothering me, yesterday she went in for an Ultrasound but afterwards the doctor had to do some normal tests. One of them required that he put his hands in my wifes..well you know, to check her spine and make sure that she didn't have to have a C section because some women have small birth canals. (I think that's what he said) Anyway when he did it he pushed pretty darn far inside and she really looked like she wasn't enjoying it much. I mean she actually moved on the table a bit he pushed so hard. Whatever he was doing he said everything was fine. He stated that she might bleed a little bit afterwards but that this was normal. She of course did bleed yesterday but today she is fine. I suppose I want to know if this is normal for a doctor to do? I've never seen anything like that done on a women, and I don't exactly go to my wifes women checkups.

The reason for this post is because I've been reading online how when women start to spot it could mean a miscarriage, and because he didn't ultrasound AFTER he did all the checks I suppose I just want to make sure the baby is ok. I don't want to freak my wife out so I thought this would be a good place to ask. I tried doing a search on Google and didn't find much, I even stole her What To Expect book and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for all your help master moms!
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I would think it is all nromal, there are internal exams required when pregnant for different reasons.

How far along is she?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
chrisfromcali
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

She is 11 weeks and 3 days.
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (chrisfromcali @ Sep 10 2009, 02:35 PM)
She is 11 weeks and 3 days.

Yeah I would say not to worry, there are lots of exams that are needed. They do have to up there and check things out periodically.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
chrisfromcali
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Well in that cause I'm not going to lie, I'm glad I'm a man biggrin.gif You guys sure do have to take a beating. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
ChristineA
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,756

as long as shes not continually bleeding Id say its fine. I was checked constantly with my 2nd and quite a few times I felt like I was being moved up the bed they were pushing around so hard.
At the end they will do that every week usually.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I have actually NEVER heard of a doctor preforming THAT exam but that doesn't mean that a lot don't I have only had two doctors. But there are LOTS Of internal exams that ALL doctors do and the bleeding/spotting is DEFINITELY normal!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
CantWait
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

An internal is generally done before week 12 to check the size of a woman's uterus. I had one done with my first two pregnancies.

This post has been edited by CantWait on Sep 10 2009, 01:23 PM

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

You may also notice that she bleeds or spots more after sex as well. Completely normal.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
chrisfromcali
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Thanks you girls have really put my mind at rest. I really didn't know what to expect with this whole new life experience. smile.gif

I haven't noticed anything during sex but then again we haven't been "doing it" as often. I know it sound lame but I just feel a little weird having sex when I know there is a baby inside. I feel a little guilty about it. I haven't had the courage to ask my doctor yet but I don't want to push to hard. (I'm so glad this is a forum I could never talk this way around women at work laugh.gif )

Anyway I think that's enough of that

This post has been edited by chrisfromcali on Sep 10 2009, 02:18 PM
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Internal exams are totally normal, they check the cervix to make sure it is doing all the right things for that point in the pregnancy. I have had an internal with all 3 of mine, and it isn't fun, but there are WAY worse things trust me. wink.gif She will get checked with every appt when the delivery gets closer, then during labor and delivery it seems like all bets are off, everyone needs in there. for one reason or another. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

The Dr's reasoning for the test sounds off to me tho. I have no idea how you could examine a spine from in there, mom's or baby's. And as for if a C-section would be needed, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of having one this early in the game from an internal exam. Look into the pros and cons before letting them push you guys into something.

As for the sex, do it now while you can. things are just going to get weirder and weirder as time passes. With mine the Dr actually told us we had to stop because we were in danger of preterm labor around I suppose 20 something weeks, so , that is one looooong dry spell. laugh.gif
PM
chrisfromcali
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

ha ha Alright I'll take the advice. biggrin.gif

I guess what he was doing was checking the birth canal to make sure she was able to have a baby normally. He said she would feel pressure on the spine while he was doing the test. (Maybe not the birthcanal but something up there)

I guess some women can't have a normal pregnancy because there hole isn't big enough. (Sorry if that's a cude way to say it) I thought to myself well if that's so common how did women have babies way back when? Either way I'm glad it's a normal test. I just felt sort of bad. I was like wow this is why you hate the women exams.

She said that men doctors tend to be a little harder than women because they don't know what it feels like. I thought " Well I guess so!"

This post has been edited by chrisfromcali on Sep 10 2009, 08:22 PM
PMEmail Poster
ChristineA
Posted: Sep 11 2009, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,756

from my experiance female doctors are rougher then males. Students always are super gental but then they usually have to do what there doing 4 or 5 times to get it right haha.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]