Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WELL
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 824

I have decided I want to look better and feel better for spring and summer.

I have always been the worse about staying in my hole ( house) all winter. I have decided that I am going to make an effort to walk at least 3-4 times a week. And try to drink my water. B4 I start Rodeo and horse weather.

Help Me Everyone. I hate water.

I am going to start a Water Sticky for my Desk and reward myself some how when I tally 8..

Mel

--------------------
PM
Josie83
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 622

Wow good for you Mel!! You know, water still counts if you put something else in it like squash (which I think is Kool-aid or whatever for you over there). It doesn't have to be straight water! Tea and coffee also counts as well although its bad for you in other ways. Give it a week of drinking 2 litres a day and I bet you'll notice the difference! Keep us updated! xx
PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

QUOTE (Josie83 @ Mar 31 2005, 01:16 PM)
Wow good for you Mel!! You know, water still counts if you put something else in it like squash (which I think is Kool-aid or whatever for you over there). It doesn't have to be straight water! Tea and coffee also counts as well although its bad for you in other ways. Give it a week of drinking 2 litres a day and I bet you'll notice the difference! Keep us updated! xx

I hope it HELPS my skin... I want to glow!

Mel

--------------------
PM

mammag
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

There is also flavored water. I know Walmart has some Caffeine Free, Calorie Free Carbonated Water that me and the kids love.

You'll get used to it after a while. You'll also find you feel better after a bit. And, just think how beautiful your skin, hair, and nails are going to be.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

good for you Mel
I will support you
Maybe I will do it also along with you bc I hate water also
To me my Pepsi is water lol.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

good for you , I hated water also but I got used to it, altho fo rme I have to make sure I dont consume more than 60oz a day otherwise my skin dries out, weird I know but once I figured it out I was relieved cause no mostuizer was helping. No whtis is streight water, i can still have other thigs that count as water to get more.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Good for you.

Definite thumb.gif for the water. Some additives are fine, but stay away from sugar (turns into fat). Cut your carbohydrate intake down and with your walking, you'll start to see results.

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
mommy2owen
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Good for you! thumb.gif

I have never really like water either!

ammommy
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Member No.: 1,117

Good for you thumb.gif If you hate water, try iced herbal teas. I make up pitchers myself and chug it all day long. Perfect peach by Biglow is my favorite. They are still calorie free (or maybe 20 or so), sugar free, carb free, and caffine free. Plus, they taste good. I use Splenda to sweeten the first cup, then unsweetened the rest of the day. Good luck and chug-a-lug!

Oh, also, for some reason I can drink more water out of a bottle or a pretty glass. It's weird, I know, but it works dunno.gif

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I drink Crystal Light. I get the generic at Wal Mart. wink.gif You can drink the tea or lemonade. thumb.gif

YOu will be amazed at how much better you feel. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Boys r us
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Member No.: 378

I hate water too Mel..this is my biggest hangup where dieting is concerned..I NEVER drink it unless I force myself and here lately, I haven't been forcing myself! So we will help each other!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
GavinsMommy
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Member No.: 878

Mel

I find that most people generally detest water due to being used to sodas and other "drinks".

I bet if you drink nothing but water for a week or two, you won't hate it so much and also won't be as apt to pick up that soda or glass of tea.

If I were you, you could try sqeezing some lemon or another fruit that you like into the water to liven it up a bit. Or you could buy the flavored water, or even put a little pinch of Koolaid and sugar in. Gradually decrease and you will get used to it more.

Work your way up. Start with three 3 oz. glasses a day. Then after a few days, drink four 3 oz. glasses a day. Or something like that. Start small. If you drink smaller glasses more frequently, it won't be so bad.

And GL with the walking, it's good for you!!! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0174 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]