Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Got the confirmation about C's private school
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,622

History: Previous post about being happy, yet disappointed

My neighbor came to offer us a bed, and we were talking about Christian being in the school she is in. She went on to say to "be careful". huh.gif unsure.gif Their son (who is now 13 or 14) started having problems when he was in the 3rd or 4th grade with that school trying to dictate events surrounding his personal life outside of the school. They eventually put him into another private school because of those issues that began to creep up, his current school has many rave reviews too. But as my neighbor put it "it is like another car payment" for the tuition. ohmy.gif So that is really not an option to let C or K attend his current school, unless both of Chris and I are working.

Christian's current school, really does not want to have their students patroning restaraunts that serve alcohol. Listening to certain types of music, or watching certain shows. She asked if they knew that Chris works for a company that distributes alcohol. I told her I did write that on the registration form where he worked. She said they may say something about that, if they find out. Chris does not drink whatsoever, but he gets it for free from his co-workers who he then distrubutes to his former co-workers. He is out of the house now distributing some things to his old friends, now.

She did confirm that the child would be pulled from school, not sure if that is the final resort or the first but eventually they not be allowed to attend anymore if they are found in violation of the contract.

Now I know for sure..... mad.gif

What floors me is the number of older students that attend there. Either it is like I have been told and some parents yank their children out because of all the "rules", or are fine with it all together and allow their child to still have a great education.

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

ohmy.gif WOW, sorry no words here Nicole. To be perfectly honest I'm a little stumped. Sounds like a little to much trouble to me. blink.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (CantWait @ Sep 15 2006, 07:16 PM)
ohmy.gif WOW, sorry no words here Nicole. To be perfectly honest I'm a little stumped. Sounds like a little to much trouble to me. blink.gif

dito.gif I think I would find another school once they started to pull that crap on us!! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

redchief
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

That school would be a little too puritan for me, but I suppose for some it works, or they wouldn't have such rules. Whether that's for you or not is up to you. Good luck in your decision. Either way I'm sure Christian will do well no matter where she goes. smile.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Wow! I guess I'd say cross that bridge when you come to it. I hope it continues to work out for you in the mean time but wouldn't feel bad at all for pulling my child out. Do you mind me asking what kind of church it's associated with?
PMEmail Poster
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Thanks Marie, Ed, Jessy Ann, and Monica. smile.gif

Do you mind me asking what kind of church it's associated with?

Good question! I honestly have not the foggiest idea. There is a church on the premises of the college which is next to the school. I know the college students attend the church (mandatory attendence). But what the name is, or what kind of church it is, I am not positive whatsoever.

I have often wondered if the people that we see out yelling Scriptures, and holding Bibles, and signs on street corners are them. bigthink.gif The college students that is. But I have no idea what denomination they are, or anything. There are no names or emblems on the signs. I have never been on the college campus, there is a guard station at the main entrance so I figured you had to have a reason to go on campus.

--------------------

redchief
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Almost sounds like a fundamentalist Baptist denomination. I know some of the southern Baptists are real strict with social temptation and avoidance.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

this is me
I dont like any of what I'm hearing here it almost sounds like a cult blink.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Either way I'm sure Christian will do well no matter where she goes.
I think so too. This is a great basis for her though. They are avid "readers" (pictures, and using their imagination or memory to tell a story) wink.gif of books. This is a great starting off point, since at the tail end of the kindergarten yr, the soon to be 1st graders will know how to read. So I know we plan to keep her in for a few years. If we maintain her attendance without breaks for K-4 & K-5, she can attend 1st grade for free. That is our goal.

As for the junior/senior high years, it will be determined as Monica said when we cross that bridge.

--------------------

MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Only you can decide if this is the place you want to send your girls, but it is good that you are getting all the facts now. I think I would approach the school with these questions and ask them if they have such written rules. If so, I would ask for a copy of the rules or handbook. I don't know the source of these comments, but sometimes word of mouth isn't always accurate.

Last year, we had a Mom at Ashley's preschool pull her twins out of class because she was told by another parent that the teacher read the "Passion of Christ" in the 4 year old class. I happen to agree this would be too graphic for the four year old class, and it turned out that the mother was misinformed. So, the Mom of the twins pulled her children out of class based on false information. I always think it is good to go straight to the source.

Good luck in whatever you decide, and I agree with Ed... I am sure your girls will do well no matter where they go!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
mckayleesmom
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Well Nicole....remember how you, me and Holley were discussing the cult like situation with the college next to C's preschool? Perhaps that is owned by that school and they gradually make the people follow their ways.....Like Holley said...they didn't make her stepson sign a contract till right before high school or she might have said junior high.

Each year is probably new rules to abide by and some parents might not notice all these little rules being added at the time. By the time they realize they have signed their childrens rights away to this school...then the children has formed not only a bond with the school, but with the other students.

Does that make sense?

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I would find another school asap. hug.gif
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Thanks for the input Lisa, Dee Dee, Brianne & Jimmie smile.gif

Dee Dee~ definately I would confirm the rumors/truths with the school first. I like to get the truth straight from the horses mouth as much as possible. happy.gif

Brianne~ I do remember. It does make sense. It was 6th grade, which was unusually early to have a child make decisions, or to impose authority over their personal life. I am almost positive that the school and the college are one in the same organizations. They are on the same property, have similiar dress codes, and both are affiliated with some type of religion. Possibly the Fundamentalist Baptist, as Ed mentioned.

Jimmie~ Well this is my thought: Each time I see/hear Christian saying things she is learning I think that this is money well spent for her education. I have always been a firm believer that children should have a good base for their education, if at all possible, from talking to them as babies to reading at night-- it is all learning and helping to expand their minds. This school is giving way to new branches being formed in their minds from learning new things. They are learning things at this K-4 level, that may not normally be taught until the later years in public schools. I could very well be wrong though. I hope not one person takes from this post that I am knocking public schools-- I am not in the least putting public schools down. We have some fantastic public schools here in town. However, we want to give C & K a good base of learning and take it as far as possible, and this school is helping to achieve the solid foundation that we desire.

ETA: thanks Lisa!

This post has been edited by C&K*s Mommie on Sep 16 2006, 07:39 PM

--------------------

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0197 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]