Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Rocky's journal
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Breakfast: 3/4 cup big flakes of oatmeal, with 1/4 diced apple and a dollop of vanilla yogurt

snack: 1/2 banana

Lunch: 2 small bowls of Hunter's Pie

snack: Pepsi and 3 Spicy Doritos rolleyes.gif

Dinner: will be a chicken thigh, with rice and mushrooms

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I blew it last night. One chicken thigh turned out to be TWO, although small...and late rin the evening I had SIX toast with margarine.

Six! As if that wasn't enough... DD came out of her room and wanted a sandwich... so we gave it to her...and I had 2 of my own. (Sandwich, in our house, is a folded slice of bread... lol)

I couldn't believe it. I was doing so good with the no bread thing. Then I go and eat 8 slices of bread in one sitting. After dinner, too.

dry.gif blush.gif

This morning, I had 1 small pancake with syrup. For lunch, I had a small bowl of potatoes and meat mixed together, with salt and pepper... then I was GOING to have an apple, but it killed my foot. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

I just ate a few bites of chocolate, and I had a pepsi earlier.

Dinner will be pasta and spaghetti sauce, with the leftover mushrooms, and I will chop onions and grate carrots too. yummy.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Welcome back to journalling. Sorry about your foot, you deserve some comfort food as my mother would say. Have you tried limiting your bread instead of cutting it out completely. I know when I cut something out of my diet/food choices completely I tend to binge on those things. Keep on working on it and it will come. hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks. I missed journaling... showed me my weaknesses. tongue.gif

I've been doing really good on the bread. I've been having it only with Pasta (in know, bad bad bad to begn with, but it's SOO GOOD dipped in the sauce!!!! lol)

and I've been limiting to one slice of toast when the craving hits late at night. I put everything away again right after the toast is cooked... then it's too much of pain to take everything out again. laugh.gif

I KNOW this week is going to be killer on my weight... since we're moving, I have easy stuff made and we just have to reheat, else it's pasta....or grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. yummy.gif I think that's what I'll make instead of pasta tonight!!! lol

I like comfort food... too bad I had it last night though!!! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Apr 3 2006, 02:54 PM)

I'm intrigued by the name... it sounds fantastic. Could you tell me what it is?

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (redchief @ Apr 4 2006, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Apr 3 2006, 02:54 PM)

I'm intrigued by the name... it sounds fantastic. Could you tell me what it is?

Sure.

It's like a chicken pot pie... but it's wild game such as Rabbit, moose, deer, bear, pheasant, whatever you got...(meat needs to be pre cooked though, as do the veggies) you mix in potatoes, some brown gravy, some preferred veggies (i put onions, some garlic, some sliced carrots, chopped celeri and some sliced mushrooms) and bake it in the oven until the crust is golden brown.

There's different ways of making it. My MIL makes it no bottom crust, just top crust, doesn't put any veggies except potatoes, and doesn't use brown gravy - just the bouillon from the cooked meat.

Of course you can spice it to your liking. tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 5 2006, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Ok last night I had a handful of S&V chips. Bad DH. He bought them against my will. lol!

I had a Tim's coffee too - extra large, with a Honey Crueller. unsure.gif

Dinner last night was spaghetti and a chicken burger. ohmy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Apr 5 2006, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Hey Rocky, are you still nursing, cus if you are you - you need those extra calories anyways. You are journalling everything so you are on the right path. Keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks Terri! biggrin.gif

I had hotdogs for lunch yesterday (3 wieners, 3 bread slices) and about 10 gallonsn of water... ok not that much, but I drank almost a litre.

I had a chicken pita and fries for dinner, and I had a couple slices of cheese for a late night snack. I needed the protein! wink.gif

This morning, I've had a few licks of nutella and peanut butter. I guess I was sloppy while making the kids their toasts this morning... and I preffered to lick it off my fingers before I washed my hands. rolling_smile.gif

Lunch plan is either leftover spaghetti with some ground beef, or chicken drumsticks with rice and carrots. Whatever we have for lunch, we'll have the other for dinner. cool.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

And yes, I'm still nursing. cool.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Apr 6 2006, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Apr 6 2006, 09:39 AM)
And yes, I'm still nursing. cool.gif

Cool,(on the nursing) great job, keep up the awesome work. thumb.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0087 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]