Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> And it Starts Again...More Problems with Emily
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Aug 29 2007, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

sad.gif I really don't know what is going on with her right now. After the first incident with MSN I told her that we would be recording her messages. Now I find out that she has been selectively deleting ones that she doesn't want me to see. Anyway my Bestfriend called me today and told me that she needed to talk to DH and I. So after marriage counselling we head over there. Lastnight Emily was talking to my friends daughter and her friend and she was telling them that she had a boyfriend. That he was 14 years old and that he came into the house and rapped her. My friends daughter knew it was just a hoax, but the other girl didn't and was getting quite upset. So the 2 friends talked and they called the police. At 1:30 in the morning the police arrived and Emily was still on the computer. Finally confessed that she made this all up. My friend copied there MSN conversation onto a disk and gave it to the police. Anyway the police are supposed to be coming to our house to talk to her. And there's more, she found the internet connection for her room that we took away from her the last time.

bawling.gif I'm so worried and I feel like such a horrible parent! I'm tired and scared and I just worry that one day it won't be my friends daughter calling the police it will be the police coming to us, telling us that something has happened to Emily!

sleep.gif DH and I have agreed to keep this all hush hush until the police actually show up. And then we will decide on a course of action. I'm definately calling her counsellor tomorrow, if I can get away from Emily and set up another apt. with her. I don't care what Emily says, she needs it!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif You are not a horrible parent!!!! I hope the couseling helps I'm sorry ya'll are going through this!!! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif You're not a horrible parent, by any means. She's obviously going through some rough stuff and it's not your fault. I hope the counselor can help hug.gif

eta: Am I understanding correctly that she was at someone elses house when all this happened? Not that it makes a difference, just wasn't sure.

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Aug 29 2007, 05:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

kimberley
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

oh no! i am sorry hon. counselling is the best idea right now. p&pt your way. keep us posted. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Aug 29 2007, 08:25 PM)
hug.gif You're not a horrible parent, by any means. She's obviously going through some rough stuff and it's not your fault. I hope the counselor can help hug.gif

eta: Am I understanding correctly that she was at someone elses house when all this happened? Not that it makes a difference, just wasn't sure.

No, she was at our house using the computer to MSN her friends. My friends daughter and friend realized that they needed to do something drastic this time and called the police from there house. I wonder if the police will actually show up? I wonder if maybe I should call them and ask them to come here and talk to her. I wonder if any of this will make any difference at all.

hug.gif Thanks everyone for your support.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Aug 29 2007, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (luvmykids @ Aug 29 2007, 08:25 PM)
hug.gif You're not a horrible parent, by any means.  She's obviously going through some rough stuff and it's not your fault.  I hope the counselor can help hug.gif

eta:  Am I understanding correctly that she was at someone elses house when all this happened?  Not that it makes a difference, just wasn't sure.

No, she was at our house using the computer to MSN her friends. My friends daughter and friend realized that they needed to do something drastic this time and called the police from there house. I wonder if the police will actually show up? I wonder if maybe I should call them and ask them to come here and talk to her. I wonder if any of this will make any difference at all.

hug.gif Thanks everyone for your support.

I don't know either, on one hand, hearing from the cops about the dangers of who she may be talking to might give her a healthy scare, and hearing that she could get in trouble for lying online might help too. The flip side is, it sounds drastic and scary and it would be hard to judge how well she might handle that.

I'm sorry this is going on hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Wow. Why do you think she's acting out so?

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Calimama
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

You are NOT a horrible parent. I would take the computer away all together. I agree that letting the cops come talk to her might be a bit drastic but if that's what it takes then it might be worth it. I'm sorry you are going through this, I hope things start looking up soon hun. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

hug.gif Lots of hugs hug.gif

Your family is/has been going through some heavy stuff. I think it's not surprising she's acting out, but it's still sad.

You are NOT a bad parent. Don't forget that. We ALL know you love your children and worry about them a ton! Nobody thinks any different! hug.gif

Personally I do not think it's drastic to have the police come to the house to talk to her. I think that's part of their job. And I'm sure some of them would agree with that. I'm SURE they would MUCH rather come and talk to her BEFORE something happens.

When I was 17 I came home one morning (like 3am) to a sheriff sitting at my kitchen table waiting for me...needless to say I never missed curfew again.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (redchief @ Aug 29 2007, 10:21 PM)

DH and I and my friend think she is doing this to get attention. That she is jealous of Spencer and Claudia. But this isn't the case, I do a lot of one on one things with her. Taking her out for lunch, going shopping, watching a movie with her when the other kids are in bed. Both of her bestfriends are away right now, so she's bored. But then again, unless DH and I planned things for her, she never leaves the house.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
grapfruit
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

I know it's more work for you guys, but have you thought about putting her in dance or a club or something. Something 'just for her' if you KWIM?

I know you feel like you spend lots of time w/her, but sometimes they gloss over those dinners and stuff. What does she like to do (besides play on the computer). Can you put her in an art class or something?

Not that I'd EVER claim to be a psychologist or something like that. But maybe what she needs is something to be proud of, a positive way to channel her energy (and relieve her bordom). That's why I thought maybe an art class. You may check into ceramic classes in your area. I know from experience, working w/raw clay is hard work! But also soothing and rewarding, and seeing your finished creation is like nothing else...Just a thought

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (grapfruit @ Aug 30 2007, 09:00 AM)
I know it's more work for you guys, but have you thought about putting her in dance or a club or something. Something 'just for her' if you KWIM?

I know you feel like you spend lots of time w/her, but sometimes they gloss over those dinners and stuff. What does she like to do (besides play on the computer). Can you put her in an art class or something?

Not that I'd EVER claim to be a psychologist or something like that. But maybe what she needs is something to be proud of, a positive way to channel her energy (and relieve her bordom). That's why I thought maybe an art class. You may check into ceramic classes in your area. I know from experience, working w/raw clay is hard work! But also soothing and rewarding, and seeing your finished creation is like nothing else...Just a thought

We did this for Kylie...she just started gymnastics and it has made a HUGE difference in the two weeks she's been going.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Aug 30 2007, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (redchief @ Aug 29 2007, 10:21 PM)

DH and I and my friend think she is doing this to get attention. That she is jealous of Spencer and Claudia. But this isn't the case, I do a lot of one on one things with her. Taking her out for lunch, going shopping, watching a movie with her when the other kids are in bed. Both of her bestfriends are away right now, so she's bored. But then again, unless DH and I planned things for her, she never leaves the house.

Please don't take this personally, but I think you're on a path of revelation if we keep going. I didn't ask why people thought she was doing this... I asked why you thought she was doing this. I think if you look into it hard enough, you'll be able to come up with a plan of action and support for yourselves and Emily.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

You are NOT a bad parent by any means.
How old is she again? Sorry I cant remember.
I hope all goes well and the police may put a scare on her and help her though.
PMEmail Poster

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

sleep.gif We talked to her today. She says she is a pathological liar, which I don't agree with. We've taken measures to have her MSN messages saved to a different account. I've put a password on her Log In onto the computer. We've grounded her from the computer for a month and I've deleted some other message boards that she was on. I was so blind to what the internet was like. The police still have not come here yet. I called her counsellor this morning and we are going to set something up nextweek. Thank You all for your support!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Aug 30 2007, 10:01 PM)
sleep.gif We talked to her today. She says she is a pathological liar, which I don't agree with. We've taken measures to have her MSN messages saved to a different account. I've put a password on her Log In onto the computer. We've grounded her from the computer for a month and I've deleted some other message boards that she was on. I was so blind to what the internet was like. The police still have not come here yet. I called her counsellor this morning and we are going to set something up nextweek. Thank You all for your support!

Good luck and let us know how it all works out. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0172 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]