Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Shoot...I need to plan a party
Brias3
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419

Ryan's having a birthday party for about ten friends here at the house next week. Of course, I've barely planned a thing. As much as I don't like playing lifeguard (makes me nervous to have a bunch of kids over to swim), we're making it a pool party, as two of the moms said they'd come and stay to help watch the kids in the pool with me.

Any other ideas for activities? He's doing just boys this time, there is going to be ten total, including him. The party is set to last from 2-6pm. I figure two hours in the pool, an hour for food, cake and gifts and then what?

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Sheesh I don't know. My stepd had a "Fear Factor" party if he's into that at all, her mom found a bunch of stuff online for "food" that was gross, etc and they had contests to see who could eat the most, etc.

I'll have to ask her, I'm not "hip" when it comes to that age laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

QUOTE (Brias3 @ Jul 16 2007, 10:00 PM)
The party is set to last from 2-6pm. I figure two hours in the pool, an hour for food, cake and gifts and then what?

back in the pool its a pool party right why do you need more

Play a volley ball game in the pool or basketball you can buy those things in a pool supply place

Or dive for those things that go to the bottom of the pool that you have to find

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

teachermom
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 11,995

Pool parties are great, actually, as long as you have parents to help watch the kids! Believe it or not, boys will spend most of their time in the water, but will get out periodically for food and maybe a game. You will NOT need an hour for food, cake and gifts. Boys can eat a slice of pizza in about 19 seconds. Some of them won't want to stop to even eat! You can make them all get out of the pool to eat and then do it again for dessert/cake/gifts, just to break things up and give you a chance to set things up. I would recommend a couple of outside games, like horseshoes or whiffle ball. Of just buy one of those floating basketball hoops for the pool and they can play in there. You can even have them make and throw water balloons as long as you don't mind picking up all the balloon pieces from your yard. Don't overplay either...just tell the boys what games/activities are available and let them lead their own fun. The time will actually pass quickly! Good luck and pray for good weather! wavey.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0139 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]