Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What to get an 8 year old for birthday
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

My neice will be 8 years old on the 4th and we are visiting her then. I have no clue what to get her. She's into arts and crafts, but her mom says she has tons of that stuff around the house. She's given me no other ideas.

HELP! Anyone got any ideas?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hummm let me think......I dunno how long your staying for or if they have something like this in the area you will be but what if the 2 of you went to a pottery making place and create something?

I will keep thinking

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

My 8 year old neice is actually starting to like clothes. Plus she has a game boy and LOVES games for it. Computer games and DVD's too, even educational ones. ANYTHING to go outside. And I agree w/Di, she'd love a one on one "outing". That'd almost be enough for her. Good Luck!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

luvmykids
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I hate it but every eight year old I know loves video games rolleyes.gif That's also the age my stepdaughter got into "stuff", odds n ends nobody would buy her, so cash was good.
PMEmail Poster
Brias3
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

Maybe a gift card to a crafts store? She's bound to run out of supplies eventually but saves you the trouble of guessing what she needs/uses.

I know Aliyah loves gift cards to Michael's and JoAnn Fabrics and places like that.

This post has been edited by Brias3 on Jun 25 2007, 02:39 PM

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
teachermom
  Posted: Jun 25 2007, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 11,995

How about taking your niece out and get your nails done together?? I don't know an 8-year-old who DOESN'T like her nails painted and a fun manicure for two, plus a little lunch, would be a great gift and a sweet memory. Maybe a new tradition??
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I just got on to ask the exact same question. Thanks for beating me to it! thumb.gif My niece is turning 8 next week and I have no clue what to get her either. She is suddenly a pre-teen to me...As you can see from her pic on GD, she is into music, Gwen Stefani stuff...computer games, Ipod stuff. But she already has it all. I may just go to Old Navy and pick her up a bunch of clothes. It's true, she is really into clothes already. Maybe some new fuzzy slippers and sleep wear. I find that if I buy my nieces games or toys, they just get lost in a pile in their playroom. Arts and crafts sound like a good idea though. I bought the same niece last year one of those make it yourself plates...Where you draw a picture and then send it in to the company which then prints the image on a plastic plate. She liked that. I think I bought it from Discovery Toys.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0175 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]