Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How to make reading time more fun....
Brias3
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419

....or at least not a fight each night!

I can't seem to figure Ryan out. He really likes books and does enjoy reading but its like waging war each night getting him to focus and settle down for the 30 minutes of independant reading he's required to do each night. I seem to have tried everything- I've broken the time up into different sections so its not so much at once, I've given him downtime after school before homework begins, I've gone to all lengths getting him books he enjoys and series that he likes- I don't know what gives! The thing is, it really doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of time the teachers are requiring either so I'm lost.

Any suggestions/ things I'm missing? I hate struggling/fighting with him over reading each night. It's not that he doesn't like to read- he enjoys it- just can't seem to sit for it when he knows he HAS to, KWIM?

This post has been edited by Brias3 on Apr 30 2007, 04:34 PM

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

I don't know, we aren't at that stage yet. Would it work if you let him pick the time? Maybe tell him he can do it whenever the mood strikes as long as it's between the hours of Y and Z?
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0168 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]