Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fake nails
Brias3
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419

No matter what products I use, I seem to have the most horrible, brittle natural nails around. I've had acrylics on before but used to get so frustrated when they broke easily- it became quite time consuming to get them fixed! I've now had them off for about a year.

Anyhow, we're headed to a wedding and then vacation in mid-August and I was thinking about getting gel nails on. I figure I could get them to last a couple of months because once the kids are back in school, I might have two hours time to go get my nails done every once in awhile!

Do the gels really last longer than acrylics? Do you notice that the gels hold up better, breaking-wise, etc.? I need to figure out whether or not its worth it, or if I should just deal with my short nails!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I haven't tried them but MIL swears by the gels. And DH's grandma swears by silk wraps, I had a nail repaired that way once and it did hold up really well.

I'm sure you've experimented, but have you tried any of the Sally Hansen stuff for brittle nails? I went through a period of that and it seemed to help a little.
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

You could be missing something in your diet and that's what is causing the brittle nails...maybe try the Sally Hanson fix and take a supplement?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

I've noticed that since I started my weight loss program and am eating fresh fruits and veggies more, my nails are really growing out nicely. Used to be I had awful nails. Constantly breaking. But I always wear mine short, better for my job that way.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Brias3
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

Thanks, all!

I have a well-balanced diet, so I doubt that is the problem in my case. I might try to be more consistent about trying the Sally Hansen stuff. I used the maximum growth and strength one for awhile and started to see results, it just took some time, and then I noticed them breaking after they grew a bit. Maybe I need to be a bit more patient.

Unfortunately, I'd like them to look nice in about a month's time, so I might give the gels a try!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I just flipped through a magazine at the grocery store last night and they said the "new" look for nails is fingertip length and slightly rounded, so you could always get a manicure and see if you feel hip laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0078 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]