Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Baby Food Meats
lovemy2
Posted: May 28 2007, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

When did you introduce the baby food meats to your little ones - 6 months or later? Dylan has had all the basics and many of the mixed fruits and mixed veggies with no reactions to anything....wondered when I should go with the meats -

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 28 2007, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

try meats that you cook and just grind them up real good
Its so much better for them wink.gif
I started mine on meats around 6 and 7 months

This post has been edited by gr33n3y3z on May 28 2007, 10:10 AM

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
BabyOwen427
Posted: May 28 2007, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,095

My ds would never eat the meats from jars. I gave him what ever the rest of us were eating I just made sure his had no spices and I mashed it up good. As he got older I gave him chicken nuggets and fish sticks cut up.
I think I started him on meats around 7 months. He was better about picking up bits of (unseasoned) ground beef.

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

CantWait
Posted: May 28 2007, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I never gave Anthony meats from a jar either. Smells to much like cat food.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: May 28 2007, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

I haven't given them to Emma yet, but her ped said to go ahead a try the meats, then move on to stage 2. I am doing the food very slowly with her.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
lovemy2
Posted: May 28 2007, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 8,607

I am not sure if I would use the plain meats - but more the "dinners" that have meat in them....I do remember most of the jar meat being kinda wierd....

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
MoonMama
Posted: May 31 2007, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

You know I was just thinking about this too. The ped said to start meats in the next couple of months at his 6 month check up. But I am a little nervous about it for some reason. blink.gif
PM
Mommyof3
Posted: May 31 2007, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 4,303

QUOTE (CantWait @ May 28 2007, 04:37 PM)

Jason was feeding Caroline Turkey and Gravy last night and he said the same thing. She didn't look to happy eating it either. We gave her something else instead. Mackenzie loved Chicken with Apples and things like that when she was this age, and it doesn't smell bad either.
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: May 31 2007, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Idk, would you want to eat meat out of a jar?? I can't imagine that it's the highest quality cuts, especially if it's well disguised in gravies or sauces. If you're really commited to giving your baby meat, I'd probably feel safer buying high quality, organic meats and grinding them in a baby food grinder or food processor.
Fwiw, and this is coming from a non vegetarian, I'd be conservative when it comes to feeding a young baby meat. Their immune systems are so immature and unpolluted, and there are so many e-coli and salmonella outbreaks, not to mention all the hormones and antibiotics fed to commercial farm animals- I guess I'd feel safer sticking with other protein sources until the baby's a little older. Again, this is just my opinion- not a judgement.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
Tena
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 13,531

I've had so many of the same concerns... the jarred dinners and meats don't look good to me either (Stage 3 being the worst I think). I was raised on it as a baby, and I'm fine and healthy, but I don't think the quality is the same 33 years later. I remember my mother telling me all the different varieties of veggies they had, and I can never find anything like that. And do you see some of what they're passing off as babyfood these days? Mac and cheese, spagettios. It's pure junk! If you look hard enough, you can find some better ones. For Stage 2, Gerber has the "Simple Recipes" which has no additives, just veggies, meat and water. I've been looking for some alternatives. She was a little slow with teething so I was afraid to give her table food, fearing she'd choke. I thought it was safer to stick with the consistencies that were in the jars. (First time mom jitters, I think). But I think she may be able to handle a little more now.

This post has been edited by Tena on Aug 10 2007, 07:31 AM

--------------------
"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but
whose place no one else can take..."
PMEmail Poster
momtoMegan&Alyxandria
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 8,452

QUOTE (CantWait @ May 28 2007, 07:37 PM)

Totally agree.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I did use some of the jarred meats but typically I would just grind up whatever we were having, it was cheaper and I KNEW what was in it.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0113 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]