Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Adoption board
CosmetologyMommy
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Aunt Emily and Aidan!!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,733

A board for parents that have adopted or for women who are placing their baby up for adoption?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvbug00
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I'm going to be very blunt here..It's a very tuchie subject for me and I don't like to look, read or talk about it so I vote neigh.. (and I will see it because i try to post to everyone wiether or not i'm in the situation the headline segests..like I post in BF and labor and all that good stuff.)

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Bee_Kay
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

I COMPLETEY understand that an adoption board is a very touchy subject and could be very painful for some...... but on the other hand, I have seen tons of subjects brought up that are difficult and are handled in a very dignified manner.

Personally, I was adopted (by my father) and I have no problems if it were ever brought up in discussion (but every persons situation is different).

So, I see both sides wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

ashtonsmama
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I know that my older sister is on an adoption board and finds it extremely helpful (they have a 4 year old they adopted from China and are currently in the process of adopting a second daughter).
That said, I can understand the personal reasons for not wanting to read/see something that may be painful for a particular person. So I can see it both ways. I think it could be a good idea though-my suggestion would be to in the meantime to look up some other adoption boards and see if there are any that interest you. I know my sister has been active on a couple and really found great support and community there. If you want her email address, just PM me and let me know, she'd probably be happy to recommend some to you.
smile.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0173 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]