Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My 2 year will not eat, meal time
Jaxson's Mamma
Posted: Feb 28 2009, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,395

Hi All,

I am brand new to the board, and am in desperate need of some advice. I have a 2.5 year old boy who has always been small. He weighs 24 lbs right now and appears to be of normal heighth for his age. His pediatrician has tole me not to worry about hisweight, that he might just be a skinny kid. (my husband and I are both thin).

Anyway...for most of his life he' not been a big eater, but lately it has gottn worse. He'll take two bites of something and then say he's done. I rarely ake him sit there and eat more, but try to say, "have two more bites and you can get down." The problem is that he could drink all day long. He asks for juice, milk, water, anything liquid all day long.

At first I thought it was filling him up, so I quit giving him stuff to drink except for at meal time, but that didn't help either, he still didn't eat much of anything.

Do any of you have a suggestion for what to do, or what might be the problem? He is a very active child, and does't like siting still. My husband and I will sometimes feed him in the bathtub because he is busy doing something else and will eat then.

I am so frusterated right now, I hate it when it comes to meal time because I know he's not going to eat and it frusterates me so much.

Sorry for the long winded post, I am just at such a loss for what to do. Thank you!!!
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Its normal. He will eat when he gets hungry. They all go thru that stage at some point.
PMEmail Poster
momofone
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

I would add pedisure to his diet so he gets nutrients If he drinks better i would use those drinks that combine fruit and veggies Juicy Juice has one out now.
PMEmail Poster

DVFlyer
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Reminds me of when I took Chloe to the Dr. for a regular visit. The Dr. asked, "When she eats, does she eat much?"

I said, "Funny you mention that, because she hardly eats anything these days".

She said, "It's normal. They just don't need a lot of calories at this age".

FWIW- a few years later now, she eats very well. smile.gif

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Aiden is like that too. He is almost 2 (in April). He goes through food jags all the time and gets super picky about some things. We don't give in if he doesn't want what we are having either. He eats what I provide, period. He'll eat when he's hungry...and he does. smile.gif He also isn't very big, unlike his brother who was huge and not picky at all at his age.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
mckayleesmom
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Reach your finger into the back of his mouth and see if his back molars are comming in. That is usually when mine refused to eat and right about your son's age too.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
Paula Bishop
Posted: Aug 17 2009, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,735

Toddlers go through phases of food acceptances, change likes and dislikes often without rhyme or reason.It is perfectly normal that a toddler turns down new food or stops eating .What I feel is variety offers the best nutrition..try to fill your child's meal with a variety of foods and rainbow of foods.
PMEmail Poster
ChristineA
Posted: Aug 27 2009, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,756

Glad Im not the only one with this problem. All my boyfriends nieces and nephews eat like crazy. My daughter some days will only eat a peice of toast and a cube of cheese and other then that just wants milk
PMEmail Poster
mommyof4
Posted: Aug 29 2009, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,758

My kids are the same as well some days I think they are going to starve others they can eat me out of home , but as someone said , I noticed my ds just recent stopped eating and he is getting his molars.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0115 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]