Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (9) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aimee's 2007 Get fit 'n healthy journal
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I have good intentions, I really do. tongue.gif I know I start these journals and rarely post in them, but I wish I would post more b/c I enjoy going back and reading what I typed. More times than not it gives me motivation that I need to continue. And of course I like to see the progress I made or get tips. It's hard for me to remember everything and if I put it here I can go back and remember certain things.

Anyway, I'm doing things a bit differently this time. One of my very good friends is a personal trainer and she is helping me out, a lot. I'm so grateful.

It always helps to have some motivation and my motivation this time is my 30th birthday in April. 2 days after my birthday, I am matron of honor in one of my best friend's weddings. The dress I'm wearing is GORGEOUS! But, it's strapless (I have fatty arms/armpits) and it is a low back (my back is not so pretty.) sad.gif A dress that pretty deserves to be worn well. Besides, it's so expensive. ohmy.gif

My plan is to eat VERY lean and workout everyday. Right now I'm sick, but I've been sick for 2 months it seems. I've still been faithful about going to the gym. I'm determined to do this.

I don't really need to lose weight, but I need to turn this extra pudge to muscle. I guess you could say I need to tone up, but I want to look lean with a little definition to show for all my efforts.

I know this is possible, I just need A LOT of encouragement from the people around me and I need to stay strong and not back down.

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 5 2007, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Hi Aimee, congrats for coming back to the fold. These journals are a great source of inspiration and motivation. I find that I do my best when I focus on me and journalling helps to do this. Even if I miss a week I find I am still drawn back here by the support I know I will get from others trying to better themselves just like me. Take care, I know you will do it and look "HOT" in that dress. cheerleader.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thank you so much for the welcome and encouragement, Terri!! happy.gif wub.gif

PMEmail Poster

booey2
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

You are very welcome. That is what this group of journallers do. wink.gif It is nice to be able to help someone here because in real life I really don't have the support I need except for when I go to my meetings on Wendesday nights. DH tries but still will bring home treats and things he knows I shouldn't have. It can be very frustrating at times. hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

cheerleader.gif You can do it, Aimee. You are a huge inspiration to me...when you posted your bathing suit pics I realized that being in my 30's and having kids is no excuse to not try to be my best. You've done a great job hanging in there, I wish I had your drive to go to the gym. If anyone can stick it out and get there, it's you hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Jan 6 2007, 12:25 AM)
cheerleader.gif You can do it, Aimee. You are a huge inspiration to me.

dito.gif to Monica! You have such wonderful willpower!!! You will do it, I know you will!!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I love you guys!!!! wub.gif Oh my gosh, just reading your words boosted my willpower and self confidence a MILLION notches!!!! You are the BEST!! hug.gif

I've actually had a really good day. I went to the gym early this morning and did an hour of weight training and 30 mins cardio. I ate really well, too. I'm so proud of myself on the eating. I even went out to eat at a Mexican food restaurant with my friend and ate chicken fajita meat!!! No tortilla, rice or beans. happy.gif And water...I'm drinking my water! I worked out 3 days in a row and will continue tomorrow. I don't plan on stopping one day until my momentum is back up. I'm taking my vitamins and doing things right! It feels so good to be motivated again!!

I also went to try the dress on. The sample one was a bit snug and they said they could order a size up, but they won't if I'm working out and losing weight. I'm hoping it will be a bit big when I go pick it up in 12 weeks. The thing I loved about it was even thought it is strapless, it doesn't push up on your armpits and make them look fatty. tongue.gif It actually made my arms look pretty lean. blush.gif

I should mention that my high school sweetheart is going to be at this wedding and I haven't seen him in 10 years. unsure.gif

I realized that being in my 30's and having kids is no excuse to not try to be my best.

This is exactly how I feel, although I'm not 30 yet (not until April!) tongue.gif I just don't want to be 30 and out of shape. The way I look and the way I feel is only up to me.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Another great day!!! biggrin.gif

I ate really well and we all went to the gym this evening. DH and I walked 2 miles on the treadmill then sat in the hot tub and sauna for awhile. cool.gif It was a nice treat after I worked hard all week. laugh.gif

Tomorrow morning is another strong class (weigh lifting). I'm looking forward to it although I"m soooooo sore.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Sounds like you are doing awesome Aimee!!! Glad to see you back and with a positive attitude. You will do this. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Great job Aim! And it's nice that Scotty joined you....a little activity together is great!!! That sauna probably got you in the mood for some at home exercise too! But that's for another forum!!! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

laugh.gif LOL Naomi! Yes, well if he continues to do what he did the other night he may have to force me off of him. What a night!! blush.gif wub.gif I love my husband. wub.gif

Went to the gym this morning. I woke up at 6:30 (this is something I NEVER do at my own will blush.gif ) and I actually felt good. biggrin.gif I ate a cup of oatmeal for breakfast and took my vitamins. I haven't missed a day of vitamins yet...that's good for me.

I took the strong class. It was difficult today b/c I'm so sore and I did pack on more weight than I used last time (on Saturday). I then did 30 mins cardio on the treadmill.

As far as eating goes, I'm eating 'lean'..working towards eating 'clean'. That will be a hard one for me, but maybe I can swing it in a couple of weeks, but right now I need my seasoning. blush.gif The lean eating is going really well. I'm pretty much eating fish, chicken, fruits, green veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, egg whites, oats, yogurt. (minimal salt and natural sugars only...just very, very low fat) I'm not as hungry since I've been eating this way and I'm shocked!! I feel really good! I'm also not craving anything like I normally do. I've cut my portion sizes WAY back, but I did this while Scotty was home so it hasn't been so hard. The hard thing is that my house is FULL of not so healthy stuff. blush.gif I want to get my family on a lean diet, too, but I need to use this other food first. I think I will cook it for them and then do a small, separate meal for me until it's gone. wink.gif It's not as difficult as I thought it would be to eat this way. And once the entire family is eating this way it will be so much easier on the budget. biggrin.gif ETA: WW didn't work for me b/c I manipulated it way too much and didn't get a healthy/well rounded diet in there. I still felt awful even though I was working out. I hope this diet continues to make me feel good and reduces my headaches and fatigue. thumb.gif And it's not really a 'diet'...it's just healthy eating. wink.gif

I spoke with Lisa (aka: my personal trainer) and she told me to take one day off a week, so I chose Weds since Ethan will be in school and there's not really a class I'm interested in on that day. I should choose Sunday, but I want to make it a family thing on Sundays (after church, of course). So Weds we meet at Lisa's house and have coffee and bagels. I don't drink coffee so she is making me tea and a special breakfast. laugh.gif Do I have great friends or what??? wub.gif

Tomorrow is cardio/kickboxing day. I'm gearing myself up for that one. I'm not excited about it, mainly b/c the past couple of months those cardio classes have kicked my butt and I start feeling faint if my heartrate gets too high. Ahhhh...we'll just see how it goes. I might be surprised. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Maddie&EthansMom on Jan 8 2007, 11:23 AM
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

WTG Amiee sounds like you deffinalty have the right idea and working well on them. Your gonna looks so fricken hot in that dress, Scotty might notlet you stay in it long. laugh.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jan 8 2007, 02:21 PM)
laugh.gif LOL Naomi! Yes, well if he continues to do what he did the other night he may have to force me off of him. What a night!! blush.gif wub.gif I love my husband. wub.gif

hmmm, I might need a PM with details, or have Scotty call Tim!! wink.gif

I'm so proud of you Aimee!! Eating healthy is always hard for me!!! Keep it up!!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
booey2
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Great job Aimee, you sound like you are eating right off of the WW CORE lists. Gotta love when you feel great and in control. Keep it up. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Our Lil' Family @ Jan 8 2007, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jan 8 2007, 02:21 PM)
laugh.gif  LOL  Naomi!  Yes, well if he continues to do what he did the other night he may have to force me off of him.  What a night!!  blush.gif  wub.gif  I love my husband.  wub.gif

hmmm, I might need a PM with details, or have Scotty call Tim!! wink.gif

I'm so proud of you Aimee!! Eating healthy is always hard for me!!! Keep it up!!

I'll PM you. wink.gif rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jan 8 2007, 01:47 PM)
Great job Aimee, you sound like you are eating right off of the WW CORE lists. Gotta love when you feel great and in control. Keep it up. cheerleader.gif

Oh, I guess you are right. blush.gif I should have mentioned it was the POINTS that I did so badly on. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Sounds the same way I did on the points plan, that is why I switched. Love my CORE food lists.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Whew! What a morning....already! ohmy.gif

I woke up feeling AWESOME this morning!! I'm NOT a morning person...not at all! I hardly ever wake up on my own and if I do, I roll over and go back to sleep. happy.gif I woke up this morning just raring to go...so full of energy. I was awake before Scotty and when he got out of bed I was just chatting away. I never talk in the mornings, either. I normally just roll out of bed and grumble. laugh.gif

Anyway, Ethan and I made it to the gym by 8:15 and I took the cardio kickboxing class. It wasn't easy, but I made my way through it. Boy was I tired and red faced! blush.gif Now I'm back to being full of energy. tongue.gif

Tomorrow I take a break. A much needed one. I think it will give my body time to recover and then I will feel refreshed and renewed in time for my weight lifting class on Thurs morn. thumb.gif

My eating has been really good. I'm so proud of myself and I account that to me feeling so well lately. biggrin.gif

I'm going to start recording what I eat here.

Last night:
4 oz chicken breast (with very little lemon pepper)
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup brown rice
water

Snack:
apple

This morning:
one piece of bread with 1 tbsp peanut butter
orange juice

lunch:
leftover chicken breast from last night
1 cup green beans
1/2 cup brown rice

I'm trying to eat every 2 hours to keep from getting hungry. It's really helping. I've noticed I fill up faster -at lunch and dinner- eating this way. thumb.gif

I'm getting my water in and taking my vitamins.....

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Great job Aimee, you sound so up and positive. Must be something in the air these days we are all so positive. Keep it up, your menu looks great. thumb.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I'm posting twice today.

I didn't eat as much as I should have today. It's hard to get used to eating every couple of hours and I haven't been to the store yet so I don't have a lot of healthy stuff on hand. Instead of eating what I have- that's full of fat, I'd rather go without eating-which isn't good at all. rolleyes.gif I also didn't get all my water in today. Tomorrow is another day. happy.gif

For my snacks today I had:

1/2 of an orange
1/2 avocado
slice of cheese

(that's kind of a fatty snack!) ohmy.gif

Dinner:

4 oz roast beef
one roasted new potato-very small (not a healthy choice blush.gif )
1 cup green beans

I still think I'll be okay. I am afraid of not eating enough, but if I eat enough of the right things and get a balanced diet in every meal then I will be fine. I read somewhere that it is good to make a checklist to check off everyday.

Enough about eating...

I'm really sore. Not painfully so, but there's a discomfort there. I was so surprised that my back muscles are sore. I'm pleased to be able to feel them b/c that was a part of the body I was really wanting to work. That and my arms. wink.gif

I forgot to mention that I did 40 push ups today. :applaud: This is HUGE for me. Push ups are very hard for me to do and I was shocked at how strong I felt today when I did them. Normally when I try to do them I feel so weak in my arms. So, my arms/shoulders are finally getting stronger!

I wasn't thrilled when Lisa first told me I had to take tomorrow off, but now I'm thrilled about it. It will be nice to rest tomorrow. I think I will go to the store while Ethan is in school.
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Just remember Aim, you need SOME carbs. One potato is ok!!!

Keep it up girl!! And I love seeing what you are eating, it's giving me ideas!!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

rolling_smile.gif Oh I get plenty of carbs with the fruit I eat. tongue.gif Potatoes are not good...no starches are good. But this was one of those small, red new potatoes. laugh.gif Sweet potatoes ARE good for you.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

You are doing great Aimee. Better than me, there are just some pleasures in life I won't give up completely....starches and carbs. tongue.gif

Sounds like you got an awesome workout in and kudos on the push-ups. I LOVE push-ups. I love the power you feel when doing them. I love power though. emlaugh.gif

Keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

cheerleader.gif keep it up Amiee cheerleader.gif your doing great cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Awesome work Aimee, as far as the potatoe goes you can have them once a day as per WW and it won't hurt you. You are doing great. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0171 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]