Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HELP!-this may be gross..., need help with yeast inf.
amberlynnie
  Posted: Oct 15 2006, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,866

sad.gif I am so irritated right now, and in more ways than one. The Dr. put me on ceflex for a urinary tract infection, and a sinus infection. Needless to say the 4 pills a day were doing a number on my body.
I was throwing up from the taste of the pills, the burps they gave me after I took them, and they also gave me diarrhea. Now, on top of all that crap, I have the yeast infection from hell. After only 5 of the 10 days on the anti-biotic, I quit taking it.
I can not take the things it is doing to me. Tomorrow, I am calling the dr. about getting me something different, but I dont know that it will make a difference.
I purchased the suppositories to get rid of the yeast inf. I finished the treatment 3 days ago, and still have tons of yeast, itching, burning, and even a little bleeding from wiping ( i said this may be gross....)
Has anyone had any luck with any one product in particular? Right now I am only using vagasil anti-itch wipes, because I am not sure how close together I can do another treatment of the infection.
Help me please, I can not take this any more!!!! growl.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
amynicole21
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

There are many different types of yeast and a few different types of treatments available. Depending on what you used before, you should try something with another medicine like miconazole or clotrimizol (there are a bunch of anti-yeast meds out there). I am using micolazole right now for thrush (yeast on the nipples). You should also call the doc who perscribed the antibiotic and tell him to phone in a perscription for Diflucan - he shouldn't need to see you. Also, let him know you couldn't tolerate the antibiotics and he can get you on something else most likely without seeing you. Try eating lots of yogurt or taking probiotics (found at health food stores - take the refridgerated kind only).

Sorry you are going through all of this. Hope it clears up quickly!! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I have not had one in awhile
But a lot of ppl. buy Van.yogurt and use that and not in the mouth and they said the yogurt kills the yeast.
I hope you feel better

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

CantWait
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Drink lots of Cranberry juice as well.

Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Oct 15 2006, 12:27 PM)
I have not had one in awhile
But a lot of ppl. buy Van.yogurt and use that and not in the mouth and they said the yogurt kills the yeast.
I hope you feel better

My sister has done that and said it works wonders - it was plain yogurt though and not vanilla. wink.gif The vanilla kind has more sugar in it, and sugar feeds yeast so plain would be better. She said to soak a tampon in it and then put it in and leave it in overnight.

When I get a yeast infection I always use Monistat 1 - the one that has just one little ovule treatment in it. I have never had one as bad as you are dealing with though. hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Jamison'smama
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

It can be bad--I had to use the 3 day treatment twice in a row. So it was more of a 6 day treatment....My Doctor didn't recommend the one day--said it was less effective for some people and fairly hard on your body (clearly it works for some though smile.gif ). Sorry you are going through it though...it is MISERABLE!!

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I took difflucan durring my pregnancy, but it's not recommeneded. Its the easiest treatment, but You may have a probelm getting your Dr to let you do it. I would ask your DR what brand he suggests. hug.gif yeast sucks.
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I don't have any advice, just wanted to say I am sorry you are going through all this.

Hope you feel better soon. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
amberlynnie
Posted: Nov 25 2006, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,866

thank you to all who answered this. shortly after i asked this question, my computer had a huge issue, and i had no computer for a long time. 2 weeks ago i got a used laptop, so sorry i was gone and unable to respond for so long! unsure.gif
when it rains, it pours. sad.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0106 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]