Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Have you packed your bag?
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I just read that you should start packing your hospital bag around 31 weeks! ohmy.gif I think that's a bit early, but it said that 60% of babies come early. So have any of you that are in 30+ weeks, packed your bag yet? I'm thinking of doing it today, but I'm not very motivated. Should I wait or just go for it?? I never know what to bring for the baby. I printed out a list, but I remember taking WAY more than I needed last time. And now I have to think about packing a bag for Wil if we have to drop him off somewhere. unsure.gif

I did write a birth plan yesterday, so thankfully that is done! wink.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I say pack it. I say that because I was going to wait til the last week or so with Megan and she came 4 weeks early. It was a disaster. I had to have DH go home and get me things and he didn't bring things I asked for and brought things I didn't ask for. rolleyes.gif I say better to be safe than sorry. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
1lilpeanut2love
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Lot of candles for Spencer! Praying he gets better soon!

Member No.: 3,094

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ May 9 2006, 11:02 AM)
I say better to be safe than sorry. happy.gif

iagree.gif!!

I waited until the last minute! I was packing a bag while dilated 5cm at home! OMG! Next time I will follow others orders and pack it earlier!! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ May 9 2006, 10:02 AM)
I say pack it. I say that because I was going to wait til the last week or so with Megan and she came 4 weeks early. It was a disaster. I had to have DH go home and get me things and he didn't bring things I asked for and brought things I didn't ask for. rolleyes.gif I say better to be safe than sorry. happy.gif

Good point Karen! I'm someone who likes to be overly prepared...so I would totally get discouraged if DH brought me the wrong stuff. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I'm resisting temptation for a few more weeks. I still have to wash some of the baby stuff, but I am waiting until the carpets are cleaned so I can put the nursary together and have a place to put the clean stuff! The Boy is staying here, so I won't need a bag for him, but I have made a list of instructions for who ever is watching him, and we have the car seat in the Jeep!
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ May 9 2006, 10:06 AM)
I'm resisting temptation for a few more weeks. I still have to wash some of the baby stuff, but I am waiting until the carpets are cleaned so I can put the nursary together and have a place to put the clean stuff! The Boy is staying here, so I won't need a bag for him, but I have made a list of instructions for who ever is watching him, and we have the car seat in the Jeep!

Ooooooo instructions on how to care for Wil....GOOD one! Hopefully my dad will be here in time, but if not, he's going to a nearby friend's house. So I'm thinking a little bag for Wil just in case. I'll have DH put the carseat in too, thanks for the reminder!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Heather77
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,531

Nope! laugh.gif I usually don't until the last week.... I'm a big time procrastinator!
I'm having my baby on June 2nd, so I'm sure I'll be packing my bag the eve of the 1st rolling_smile.gif .

--------------------
Heather, mama to
Jake 7, Shane 4, Brynne 5/27/06 and a new baby due in December 2007!

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: May 9 2006, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

I still have a ways to go before I need to think about packing but how do you know what to take with you?.. And what is a birth plan, how do you write one?

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
MyLuvBugs
Posted: May 9 2006, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

QUOTE (Sarah0804 @ May 9 2006, 10:52 AM)
I still have a ways to go before I need to think about packing but how do you know what to take with you?.. And what is a birth plan, how do you write one?

Birthplan.com

Here's a good site for you to write a free birth plan. Has it all laid out for you, you just select what you want it to say.

There's also suggested lists on the web for what to pack in your bag for you and your newborn.
Things like: Clothes for baby to come home in, toiletries (shampoos, toothbrush, etc.), clothes for you to come home in, maxi pads, etc.

With Lorelei was was packed at 30 weeks and the bag sat there in wait for 10 weeks. rolleyes.gif I think this time I'll wait until around 35 weeks before packing. Just about where you are now. smile.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: May 9 2006, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I say pack early. I had Robbie at 35 weeks, and had nothing packed. When I wanted to brush my teeth my friends bought a tube of toothpaste but Ron forgot my toothbrush (can ya say use your fingers), but he did have a pack of mint gum rolleyes.gif dry.gif My mom brought me my tights to wear home, but they were light brown in colour, not exactly something you want to wear when you're still bleeding. The point is, you know what you're going to want and need, so pack early because if you go early and it's not done, the chances of you getting what you want or need is pretty slim.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: May 9 2006, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 212

Pack early! LOL! I was all ready for Jade, but had no bag packed with Jordan. I thought I would be having the baby a week later then I did so I figured I would get it done in that week. Well that didn't happen and I was at the hospital when they said it was time for this baby to come out. Needless to say I was given this big bag full of all sorts of stuff because daddy put it together.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: May 9 2006, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

I was packed at 30 weeks or so, I am all about doing this early anyway. I wrote a list of things like tooth brush and shampoo that I still needed left out before I had the baby so that if I needed some one to grab it for me there would be a list and they would to get the right stuff!

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 9 2006, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (CantWait @ May 9 2006, 11:27 AM)
My mom brought me my tights to wear home, but they were light brown in colour, not exactly something you want to wear when you're still bleeding.

Tights? What do you need tights for...just curious?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 9 2006, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Sarah0804 @ May 9 2006, 10:52 AM)

A birth plan is a worksheet that you can go over with your doc and the nurses which lists methods on how you want the labor and delivery to go. Plus, how you want your baby taken care of while in the hospital. Examples are: do you want an epidural? If you have a son, do you want him circumsised? Do you want to BF exclusively? Are you okay with the nurses giving your baby a pacifier? Do you want the baby put on your chest immediately after the birth? Do you want the baby with you at all times or can he/she sleep in the nursery? Etc, etc...

It just helps the docs and nurses know what you want ahead of time, especially if you or your DH/SO are too stressed out to go over it verbally. I've heard that not all hospitals will use them, but it never hurts to have one on hand. Go to any PG website and they typically have a layout you can use. Same goes with a list of what to bring to the hospital. Google birth plan.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: May 9 2006, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (mysweetpeaWil @ May 9 2006, 12:36 PM)
My mom brought me my tights to wear home, but they were light brown in colour, not exactly something you want to wear when you're still bleeding.

Tights as in leggings or yoga pants. LOL rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 9 2006, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (CantWait @ May 9 2006, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (mysweetpeaWil @ May 9 2006, 12:36 PM)

Tights as in leggings or yoga pants. LOL rolling_smile.gif

Okay, gotcha! wink.gif I was thinking like thick pantyhose! How uncomfortable would those be??? ohmy.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: May 9 2006, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

I say pack NOW, if I ever have another I will not waite. Kait was 3 weeks early and I only had a few things, and was tring to get the rest together after my water broke, still forget things and trign to describe to DH what I wanted well that did not work out very good.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
daycare mom
Posted: May 10 2006, 03:56 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,883

I'm packing this week I think, because our hospital is a 4 hour round trip away! blink.gif I won't be able to send anyone home to get anything I've forgotten biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Adrienne522
Posted: May 10 2006, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,574

I have not started packing my bag yet. I guess I just haven't realized how close I am. July 1st will be here before I know it. I do not even have an outfit to bring my child home in yet. My mom keeps telling me not to worry and things will get done. So...I guess I am going with the flow.

wacko.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0108 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]