Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Starting to freak out a little, She better be a girl!
PrairieMom
Posted: May 5 2006, 04:00 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

Alright ladies, I am really starting to freak out about this baby.

All my work buddies are just positive that I am really having a boy, and my family has been giving me ahard time too. I have been trying to ignore them, but now doubt is sneeking into my mind. dry.gif
I know that the whole time I am delivering her I will be praying, "please be a girl, please be a girl" I have all these pink clothes and that pink room! I will have such a mess if she is a boy! ohmy.gif My family thinks it would be so hilarious. dry.gif
I am going out today to pick out back up paint colors for Grandpa to use if we need to, but I have all those clothes and bedding.... I am so glad that I didn't go TO overboard with the shopping. At least all the stuff still has the tags on and the reciepts.
I'm not even worried about the pain of child birth, just worried about painting over the room that I spent over 2 weeks decorating!
PM
amynicole21
Posted: May 5 2006, 04:04 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Hee hee! I know exactly how nerve wracking it is... I went through it, too. How many U/S did you have? Were they pretty sure she was a girl?

Hang in there - everything is correctable. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
PrairieMom
Posted: May 5 2006, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ May 5 2006, 07:04 AM)
Hee hee! I know exactly how nerve wracking it is... I went through it, too. How many U/S did you have? Were they pretty sure she was a girl?

Hang in there - everything is correctable. wink.gif

I only had one at 20-ish weeks or so. My Tech was super lame-o and said it was a girl, but didn't say, yup, its a girl, and here is the reason. Ya know? the photos she gave us were 4 of the same shot, all of the head. I was not impressed. dry.gif I personally thought I saw the girl parts too, but i don't read those things for a living, so really, I'm not sure I knew what I was looking at KWIM?
The thing that keeps going through my head is that The boy sin't very well endowed, if you know what I mean, blush.gif so it may have been easy to miss, or mistake...
I guess there is noting I can do about it now, just wait. dry.gif
PM

na81
Posted: May 5 2006, 04:14 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,357

My SO and I had that same thought when we were in the last 2 months of pregnancy, we just prayed it was a girl. We also had all the girly things and it would have been a pain in the butt to take it all back! ~~~GIRL VIBES~~~ coming your way!! BTW, I loved the nursery you painted!! You are so creative! Good luck to you! I'm sure you will have a girl!

--------------------
Nicole-mommy to Taylor and Teagan, SO to Josh

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
Momof3inMe
Posted: May 5 2006, 04:42 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,022

What about the heart beat? Is the heart beat the same as the boy? Em was always about 150. I wanted a girl so bad that when they told me it was a girl I didnt know if I should believe them. Now I have a sweet little girl! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
PrairieMom
Posted: May 5 2006, 05:03 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (Momof3inMe @ May 5 2006, 07:42 AM)
What about the heart beat? Is the heart beat the same as the boy? Em was always about 150. I wanted a girl so bad that when they told me it was a girl I didnt know if I should believe them. Now I have a sweet little girl! hug.gif hug.gif

she always hangs out at 140's. The Boy was the same. Real boarderline.
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: May 5 2006, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I remember feeling the same way with Megan because they weren't as positive she was a girl as they were with Kylie. I was like that all the way up until I delivered her. Since she was a month early and her private parts weren't developed yet properly I freaked out when they put her in my arms. I was like "is she a boy or a girl?" laugh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: May 5 2006, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ May 5 2006, 07:10 AM)
QUOTE (amynicole21 @ May 5 2006, 07:04 AM)
Hee hee!  I know exactly how nerve wracking it is... I went through it, too.  How many U/S did you have?  Were they pretty sure she was a girl?

Hang in there - everything is correctable.  wink.gif

I only had one at 20-ish weeks or so. My Tech was super lame-o and said it was a girl, but didn't say, yup, its a girl, and here is the reason. Ya know? the photos she gave us were 4 of the same shot, all of the head. I was not impressed. dry.gif I personally thought I saw the girl parts too, but i don't read those things for a living, so really, I'm not sure I knew what I was looking at KWIM?
The thing that keeps going through my head is that The boy sin't very well endowed, if you know what I mean, blush.gif so it may have been easy to miss, or mistake...
I guess there is noting I can do about it now, just wait. dry.gif

WOW. That sounds exactly like our U/S tech we had with Lorelei. rolleyes.gif

Have you asked your dr about it? Maybe you can get another U/S before you go off the meds to "make sure" everything is ok with the baby. KWIM? wink.gif

I hope it's a girl too sweetie. I think that'd be great for you. hug.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: May 5 2006, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

It just has to be a girl, that beautiful nursery cannot go to waste!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~PINK VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: May 5 2006, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I'm sure it's a girl. Your parents and co-workers are probably just bugging you because it's so easy and they know how much it's freaking you out. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: May 5 2006, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

When I was pregnant with Alex my due date was March 30th....and the big joke was that Id have the baby on April Fools Day and it would be a girl sad.gif Everyone thought it was funny except for me!

love2.gif ~*~*~PINK PINK PINK~*~*~ love2.gif

Don't worry too much Tara hug.gif

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
kimberley
Posted: May 5 2006, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

aww try not to fret. i only had 1 u/s with kaleigh and the tech was similar (these people really need personalities dry.gif). because she was breech, she couldn't get a good image of that area but said her guess was a girl and she was right. i am sure they are right with you too. sending ~~~pink vibes~~~ your way just in case. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 5 2006, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I did a little reassuring self talk today. i decided that it is way better to think its a girl and end up with a boy since I already have all the boy stuff I need, so It would be okay. Its just all that hard work that would go down the drain. dunno.gif Way better than thinking it was a boy and ending up with a girl and not being prepared at all! laugh.gif
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 5 2006, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ May 5 2006, 03:09 PM)
I did a little reassuring self talk today. i decided that it is way better to think its a girl and end up with a boy since I already have all the boy stuff I need, so It would be okay. Its just all that hard work that would go down the drain. dunno.gif Way better than thinking it was a boy and ending up with a girl and not being prepared at all! laugh.gif

That's a good way to look at it! I would hate to see your hard work go down the dreain too, but you know that the baby won't mind sleeping in a pink room for awhile if he had too. I would ask your doc about having another US. Of course I just had one and I STILL had them take another good look in that area just to be sure.

hug.gif I have a good feeling about it all though...I think you're having a GIRL! love2.gif Ignore your coworkers, k?!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

PrairieMom
Posted: May 5 2006, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (mysweetpeaWil @ May 5 2006, 03:44 PM)
Ignore your coworkers, k?!

They are evil evil people. rolling_smile.gif They pick on me all the time just to get me going. laugh.gif

I was thinking about how to sneek another U/S in, but I have to have a medical reason for it. dry.gif I'd rather wonder about the gender than end up NEEDING another U/S. KWIM? happy.gif laugh.gif I'm sure I'm just getting worked up about nothing, and it won't even matter once they place that little boy into my arms anyway. It would give us a sotry to tell his prom date! rolling_smile.gif
PM
Nina J
Posted: May 6 2006, 12:23 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

I wouldn't worry about it to much. They are trained, and if she said it's a girl, however un enthusiastic she was, it most likely is. happy.gif

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
ilovemybaby
Posted: May 7 2006, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

PREGNANT AND HORMONAL

Member No.: 2,573

You should try the Draino test wink.gif

--------------------
having a baby
PMEmail Poster
jacobsmama
Posted: May 7 2006, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GIRL VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a feeling it is a girl too! wink.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
PrairieMom
Posted: May 8 2006, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (ilovemybaby @ May 7 2006, 08:56 PM)
You should try the Draino test wink.gif

DH won't let me. dry.gif something about toxic fumes or something. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
PM
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: May 8 2006, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Member No.: 2,622

what is the Draino test?

It would give us a sotry to tell his prom date!
Similiar to Chris and his mother being told by her mother that she was having a girl, for certain, poor Chris has to come home in a Hollie Hobbie blue outfit. U/S were not common back then, so his mother took her mother's word for it. Although it was not so funny then, he is okay enough with it and everyone can laugh about it now, that he had the outfit and a pic put in a matted frame a few weeks back.

Many healthly baby vibes for you! hug.gif

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ashtonsmama
Posted: May 10 2006, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<GIRL VIBES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
wub.gif

It'll all work out, I'm still sure it's a girl, but even if it's another boy, it'll be just fine!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0141 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]