Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Problems with my 15 year old.
christinecooD
Posted: Oct 24 2006, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,601

Hello everyone, this is my first time on this board, and I am looking for a little help with my youngest.

I have raised 4 boys into wonderful young gentelmen 24, 26, 27, 29. I am also a grandmother to a 1 year old, which makes me feel terribly old. But I love her dearly.

I have also raised 2 daughter, and 21 year old daughter kate, who got married about a year ago, and is in college with her husband out in Airzona, I live in NJ. My other daughter is 15 years old. She attened the all girls private school that I teach at. She is having quite the trouble adjusting to being the only one home. Two of my boys live in NY, and one lives in CA, and on in CO, so that leaves, her me and my husband to our big house just us now. It is a new adjustment for all of us, but she is taking it the worst.

With 6 children, I have caught onto every lie, and know every trick there is to know when it comes to lying and getting away wiht it. Liz contuines to push me and test me day in and day out, now that its just her all the attention is on her, and she is absouly loving it. She's been goofing around in school though, a straight A student her whole life, now in her second year of high school cant get higher thana 75 on anything, and needs help with everything. Constant whining, and constant tears, something big is always going on in her life, there is always something dramatic.

Recently all of us were together over the weekend, and I noticed something. My young teenager, who was acting like a mature adult for quiet some time, has turned into a complete baby. Any comment her brothers made to her made her cry, anything her brother in law said was terrible, and her sister was "evil." That's all she kept saying. We watched home videos, and she curled up on my lap. Shes a tiny kid, extremely tiny, and she fits right into my lap. But at 15 I saw something odd with this. Really odd.

None of my other children ever acted like this, no one ever needed me there this much, I am at a loss for what to do. Any advice?
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 03:56 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

Something is bothering her thats for sure
maybe something happend at school?

edited to say

Welcome to the board and nice to meet you smile.gif

This post has been edited by gr33n3y3z on Oct 25 2006, 03:57 AM

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0184 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]