Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Brittany is driving me crazy! Crazy I tell you, I get the bad parent of the year award!
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 824

Well it seems that nothing I do is right as a parent of a teen.

My daughter has decided I am the most selfish mother she has ever met. As we all know I lost weight. Well I will admit here lately I have been working on myself. But that doesn't my children have suffered.

BUT! I am told that I do nothing for my kids. I go shoppign for myself.. and Brittany gets NOTHING. I go tanning.. Brittany does not ..that is not fair. I got a new purse and Brittany didn't....well not this week. But last week she did. And she got a cute little short jean jacket..and new jeans. BUT that was last weekend..not this weekend..and so she gets nothing. Cause I am so selfish!

I don't dress like a mother anymore and she also find it's to be awful and embarrasing!

Want to know what I replied to all this..

GET A JOB! THEN U CAN HAVE NEW CLOTHES AND GO TANNING!

Aren't I awful..but she did hurt my feelings!

--------------------
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

((HUGS)) Mel. You are not a bad mother at all. She's just being a teen. happy.gif

I am sure it is hard for her with all the changes she's seen of you. You are her mom and she liked you just the way you were. And I'm sure she likes you the way you are now, it's just "new" and may take her some time, kwim? And so how does a teenager deal with change......they turn into devils! happy.gif At least that's what I remember from my teenage years. blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I don't have teens yet, but when I was one I thought everyone except me was selfish! And even the closest of mothers and daughters have a little shift in dynamics during those years.

And she may be afraid that your weight loss/self esteem boost is going to change who you are, or her place in your life, KWIM?

You're not a mean mom, you just have a mean teen! lol Hang in there. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I would have said the same thing to her, sorry she is being so awful. hug.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

Oh I have an almost 15 yr old son, so I get it. I totally understand.

Sorry you are dealing with this. hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

hug.gif Mel your a great parent. How bout running this one by DD.

You are the parent,
It is your hard earned money,
You are rewarding yourself , when she does somthing good you reward her.
You lost weight look Darn good and you have the body to wear whatever you want,
(ex. your avitar is an example of how good you look)
And i think you said just the right thing! horray.gif
did I neglect to mention YOU'RE the parent?

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

Dont take this the wrong way Mel
But I'm proud of you for loosing weight and now you can wear nicer clothes and not look like a Grandmom
And Its about time you done for yourself to make yourself look the best you can
If being selfish is making you a better,Healthty person then go for it.
And your right if Brittany wants stuff on a weekly basis then your right get a job and pay for it.
Your everyday life is not for pleasing your kids day in and day out
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
redchief
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Psst.... I think we're scaring all the mommies and daddies with little kids who can't wait for them to grow up... LOL

Mel, I sense just a little jealousy in your DD's reactions; as if she feels that she isn't in as much control of her own life as you are. I don't know, maybe you two could manage some "just you" time together. Maybe a trip to the tanning booth or a manicure together; something along those lines. It'll give you two time to get to know "the new yous." That would be a good time to explain to her how proud you are of her, and remind her that she doesn't have to compare herself to anyone, leastwise her mother.

I know she hurt your feelings, but you have to remember who the mature one is here. wink.gif Teenage girls, in my experience, will get catty with ANYONE, so you're not immune, but it's okay to tell her that it isn't acceptable for her to bare her fangs and claws at you. Good luck to you and all with teenagers!

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Bee_Kay
Posted: Feb 10 2006, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

I'm sorry, but I find this post humorous!

My 14 year old daughter is the same way and I chuckle that I am not the only mom who has a daughter that believes the sun should rise and set on her butt!!

Enjoy the rewards of your hard work and let your daughter know that you've worked for these rewards!!

One day I was so frustred with being a mom of a teen, that I actually called my dad and apologized to him!!! LOL

I said "Dad if I ever acted like this, I am so sorry"!!! He thought it was funny as h*ll !!! hahahaha

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Cynda
Posted: Feb 11 2006, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,122

First of all, you look FABULOUS ! Don't let your kids drag you down about it ! They get nervous, when the family 'giver' decides it's time to take some time and give some attention to herself, rather than outwardly.

Teenagers, are all about learning what pushes our buttons. I guess it's part of the growing up process. Sometimes I just look mine in the eye and say' *shakes momma finger at them* Ohhh, you're good! That's REALLY good....but I'm in the mood to dance today, and you know it takes two to Tango smile.gif They get my point.

Kinda funny though , my son, who is not yet an irritating teenager, finally asked his daddy....What IS the Tango, cause I don't think I've EVER seen you and momma Tango. grin.

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 11 2006, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I remember being that way as a teen, too. But, mostly b/c I was so SPOILED with anything and everything I wanted...I couldn't stand to see anyone else get anything b/c that meant less for me.

I can't believe I acted that way. blush.gif Brittany is typical. I like your response, btw!! That's what my mom always said to me. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 11 2006, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

grrrr teenagers!!! Not looking forward to that age.. I agree though she needs to understand that its time for mommy to do something for herself!! hug.gif hug.gif I think your a WONDERFUL mother!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
PhiMuMommy
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,835

lol. how about a mother daughter makeover day? go to the mall get your hair, nails done. catch a makeup counter in one of the main dept stores put on makeup, get a new outfit each and then catch dinner and a movie? just the girls?

it might make her change her mind on how cool her "new" mom can be!

(and it doesnt' have to be that expensive... ya know??)

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0173 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]