Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Should I be worried? What can I do?, Beware - embarassing post
coasterqueen
  Posted: May 29 2005, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I'm putting this in children's health because Kylie has started to make me worry about this, even though it's extremely embarassing to say the least. This child passes gas worst than a man and about a BAZILLION times a day. NO JOKE! She could beat a man in a farting contest any day and take first prize. She's already farted like 5 times just as I started typing this WHILE SLEEPING. blush.gif

Should I be feeding her more of something that I'm not or what's the deal? Is this normal? I guess another reason I ask is it seems lately she's constipated a lot or maybe it's not that but her tummy hurts a lot then she cries when she goes potty (although it's not always constipated poo looking, kwim, it's soft sometimes). What can I do to help her? blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 29 2005, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I wouldnt worry about it at all its better out then in.
but if your that concerned about it ask the Dr next time she goes.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
kit_kats_mom
Posted: May 29 2005, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

According to a Dr on Oprah, the average human farts about 14 times per day. Does Kylie eat alot of milk or milk products? I know that those make me more gassy (probably a low level lactoce intolerance issue) along with the normal broccoli, onions, cabbage, beans. blush.gif It could also be partly heridetary if either you or DH seem to have 'issues'

My sweet little girl has recently come to call the really loud farts "butt flappers" or "cheek flappers" after I slipped up and said that when she let one rip after her bath. She came into our room this morning and after waking us up, let one rip. She got a giant grin and said "mommy, daddy, that was a real butt flapper one!". DH gave me the ugly look. LOL rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN

ediep
Posted: May 29 2005, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

my friends toddler used to do that too, she said that she sounded like an adult when she passed gas and she even did it in her sleep. Her ped told her to switch to Lactaid milk and she has seen a big improvement.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
chloe&tysmommy
Posted: May 30 2005, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 86

Cary, you are hilarious laugh.gif rolling_smile.gif laugh.gif rolling_smile.gif

I was just thinking what Cary said...I seen that on Oprah too, the average human passes gas at least 14 times a day.

Chloe is the exact same way! and she drinks a lot of milk so maybe that's why dunno.gif I don't have any advice but I just wanted to let you know that Kylie isn't the only one. Last night she even did it in the tub and started laughing rolleyes.gif Tyler was just looking at her like "how did you make those bubbles sis"? rolling_smile.gif gross I know blush.gif

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
Celestrina
Posted: May 30 2005, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,362

My DH's nephew is lactose intolerant and will have gas problems after having milk or milk products. Talk to her doc & see what they say.

Does she find it funny when she farts? My son thinks farting is the funniest thing in the world. He has even managed to fart in both our faces puke.gif .

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Josie83
Posted: May 31 2005, 02:38 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

:dunno That's a puzzler Karen! It sounds like you've got some good advice, though. Maybe it is the milk? Does she drink enough water?

And Cary, you are so funny . . utt flapper! rolling_smile.gif emlaugh.gif xx
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 31 2005, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

laugh.gif you all crack me up! I watched that episode too, but ther's a diff between 14 farts and 4 dozen. rolling_smile.gif

I bet it is the milk. We took her off lactaid milk right around Christmas time which was the same time the everlasting farting began. rolleyes.gif So
i bought some lactaid yesterday and we'll see how it goes. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0239 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]