Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Chicken Pox, Letter from school
gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 12 2005, 03:06 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

Well tis the season for Chicken Pox
They sent home a letter yesterday saying one of the kids in school has them
Katie has never had them

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
mom2tripp
Posted: May 12 2005, 03:21 AM
Quote Post

My little man

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

My nephew just had them last month and gave them to my sister who is 10, I was so worried that Tripp was going to get them but so far no bumps:)

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: May 12 2005, 03:27 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

Oh no! PT's that Katie doesn't get it. Kristen is the only one of mine (other's have been vaccinated) to have it but hers were extremely mild. It was still a pain in the biscuits!

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 12 2005, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

Yes I know what you mean Jeanie
Erin never had them either or Katie
Rick and I got them when John was just a month old and Ed had to take John to the Ped. bc he had 2 poxs on his leg near the diaper for a shot bc they said he was to young to get them.
But just letting you know I had them 3 times bc 2 times I didnt have them bad the 3rd time I had a Good Dose of them I hope lol.

When you get them as an adult your glands swell on your scalp and your fever runs higher and your skin hurts I just hope I had a good does

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
amymom
Posted: May 12 2005, 04:00 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

Wow! I would not have wanted them as an adult. I hope your daughter does not get them. Did you have her vaccintated(sp?)? Years ago the vaccine was 80% effective, I don't know about now.

My son was 5 and very afraid of shots(he ran when he found out he was getting the kindergarten series of immunizations) when the chicken pox vaccine came out. So ... the doctor and I decided we would guide him to choose to get the vaccine, I was pg with my daughter. He bravely got the vaccine so 'the baby wouldn't get sick with chicken pox'. It was the first of many outward signs of his love for his sister. At the time she could get the vaccine at her 1 year old checkup. A week before her fist birthday she broke out with them (she brought them home from daycare). Long story short, when I stopped counting she had 78 pox on her little body and more to come out. I was so frightened for her. But she survived fine AND two weeks later my son was in that 20% who got the chicken pox but his case was very mild .... he had 6 or 8 pox, no fever or adverse reaction.

Good Luck with keeping the pox away.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 12 2005, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

they never offered the shots to Erin and Katie I dont know why
But now if you get the Chicken Pox as an adult you can get a shot to releave some of the effects
Go Figure

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

PMICQAOLMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: May 12 2005, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

I know exactally what you are going through. When i owned the daycare center back this past february 18 kids came down with it all at the same time. # were kids that had already had that shot. Both my kids got it, BAD! Cameron was covered adn miserable for about 14 days. Kathleen got them worse than he did, the poor girl was PLASTERED, hardly a spot without any on her. Ended up on 2 antibiotics, because they started to trun into a skin infection, she looked like a burn victim. Her ped said it was the worst case of CP that he had ever seen on an infant adn the worst he had seen in general sice the 70's! It was awful, but hopefully now they will never get them again...

Hugsd to you if yours do get them.!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
lisar
  Posted: May 12 2005, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Speaking of chicken pox did anyone's kids get the shot for it. My DD had one and hasnt gotten them yet. I was just curious to know if anyone knows if the shot really is good?

Lisa
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 12 2005, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (lisar @ May 12 2005, 02:58 PM)
Speaking of chicken pox did anyone's kids get the shot for it. My DD had one and hasnt gotten them yet. I was just curious to know if anyone knows if the shot really is good?

Lisa

Well John had the shot back in 1986 or 87 because he was a Dec. Baby so it could have been Jan. 1987 ..... He is now 18 and has not had them yet. Even though he was exposed many of times to them.

But like someone was saying you could get the shot and a certain % will or could get them.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

PMICQAOLMSN
amymom
Posted: May 12 2005, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

QUOTE (lisar @ May 12 2005, 02:58 PM)

Lisa

My son had the shot and got the chicken pox a year later after my daughter exposed him. He had only 6-8 pox. VERY mild case. My friend's son had the shot at the same time as him and was exposed along with him AND never got the chicken pox then or since. 8 years now.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 12 2005, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

UGH I hate the chicken pox but its better if they get them when they are kids!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: May 13 2005, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (amymom @ May 12 2005, 04:17 PM)

My son had the shot and got the chicken pox a year later after my daughter exposed him. He had only 6-8 pox. VERY mild case. My friend's son had the shot at the same time as him and was exposed along with him AND never got the chicken pox then or since. 8 years now.

Okay thank you I was just curious to know if it worked or not.

Lisa
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0122 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]