Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Police shoots 5 year old boy!!
BabyOwen427
Posted: Aug 4 2007, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,095

This is unimaginable! A police officer shot a 5 year old boy while trying to shoot a snake.

These are basically saying the same thing, but one is from the Daily Oklahoman newspaper and the other is from Channel 5 KOCO

5-year-old shot and killed

Stray Bullet From Noble Police Officer Strikes, Kills Boy

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Crystalina
Posted: Aug 4 2007, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

OMG!!!!!!!

I can't even imagine! That family! bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 4 2007, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OMG ohmy.gif bawling.gif It sounds like they were absolutely reckless. I'm sick bawling.gif
PMEmail Poster

Anthony275
Posted: Aug 4 2007, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

king

Member No.: 11,092

that's horrible, i hope there's a lawsuit sad.gif
PM
Calimama
Posted: Aug 4 2007, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

Omg how horrible!! bawling.gif
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 5 2007, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

very sad

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

AS IF they used a gun to shoot a snake. Retarded. It's called ANIMAL CONTROL.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
BabyOwen427
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Aug 10 2007, 12:15 PM)
AS IF they used a gun to shoot a snake. Retarded. It's called ANIMAL CONTROL.

Their excuse for not calling animal control is that in Noble OK it is such a small town that they don't have an animal control. However that is still no reason to shoot it. I've seen many clips on tv about this cause it is so local and in the background there is rakes, shovels, hoes, and other such tools. Also, Noble is not far from Norman OK which is a very large city and would defantly have an animal control. IMO there was no reason to use the gun. The snake was a nonpoisonous species and wasn't harming anyone, just being an annoyance.

There is an ongoing investigation. The officers who were present are under paid adminstrative leave. I hope they are charged with negligent manslaughter or something like that (I'm not a law person so I dunno what is a bad charge).

If you would like I'll watch the news and try to give you updates to the reprocutions the officers face.

The family buried him last Wednesday. The grandfather who witnessed his death wished he was buried there instead. bawling.gif

This post has been edited by BabyOwen427 on Aug 10 2007, 10:00 AM

--------------------

holley79
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

Thank you for posting the article. I just handed it to my Sgt and he read it. They just had a HUGE discussion over this article. Bottom line, it's in the tree, no reason to shoot at it. It was not directly a threat. This is the only reason, per our policy, which a service weapon can be discharged at an animal.

Many thoughts and prayers with the family. I really feel very sorry for his grandfather who was holding him.

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Calimama
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (BabyOwen427 @ Aug 10 2007, 09:59 AM)

If you would like I'll watch the news and try to give you updates to the reprocutions the officers face.

Please do.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Definitely, please. IMO, this is just one more reason guns are STUPID. Don't cops and other law enforcement agents have to file a mountain of paperwork everytime they even remove their gun from their holster? Nevermind actually firing it? The bullets aren't all registered etc? I can't imagine law enforcement agents not having to account for every single action they make with their gun. Shooting a non-dangerous snake, in a tree, was the dumbest thing they could have possibly done. I hope they get charged with at least manslaughter. Maybe other gun-toting trigger happy *&^*&^ might get a clue.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
z613
Posted: Aug 13 2007, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 13,455

OMG. That is awful. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
BabyOwen427
Posted: Aug 13 2007, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Here is another link about this story. If you click on the 'video' tab you can watch a clip with his grandfather and parents. This breaks my heart.

I found a bit of an update. I just copied it here for those of you who are interested.

• FOX25 TOP STORIES • MORE TOP STORIES
City declines to identify officers involved in shooting

NOBLE, Okla. (AP) -- It's been 10 days since a Noble police officer accidentally shot and killed a 5-year-old boy.
But city officials are continuing to decline to identify the officer or other policemen present at the time of the shooting.
A Noble police officer was trying to shoot what he thought was a rattlesnake in a birdhouse at a house on Aug. 3rd when Austin Gabriel Haley was hit by the bullet as he stood on a dock at a pond in a wooded area near the house. Turns out the snake was a non-venomous black rat snake.
City Manager Bob Wade says the city attorney has advised him not to identify the officers until any potential disciplinary findings are written. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is looking into whether any crime was committed.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Last Updated: Monday, August 13 2007, 06:21 PM

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0263 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]