Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What do you think of full day kindergarten?

What do you think of full day kindergarten?
I like the idea [ 21 ]  [60.00%]
I don't like it [ 11 ]  [31.43%]
I'n nuetral, no opinion one way or the other [ 3 ]  [8.57%]
Total Votes: 35
Guests cannot vote 
lisar
Posted on May 22 2006, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

Well here in Florida we already have that program in place. Kindergarteners already go a full day. So I am used to it. I dont think it is a bad idea.
PMEmail Poster
Jamison'smama
Posted on May 22 2006, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

Our kindergarten is going to a strange school system---you either go Mon, Thurs every other Wednesday, or Tues, Friday every other Wednesday all day. They are changing from every day/half days to this all day system--it will save them 60,000 per year on busing.

This post has been edited by Jamison'smama on May 22 2006, 10:51 AM

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted on May 22 2006, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 25 2006, 10:35 PM)
I think there is just too much pressure on kids to learn so early.  What's the rush????  Kindergarten is when kids are supposed to find out that learning is fun.. not have all this pressure put on them to learn.

ITA with this. Five or even six years old is still really young, and making them sit in school all day long just makes no sense to me. I think half days are more than enough. It's little things like this that make me very glad we're planning on homeschooling our kids - I won't have to mold to the system when I don't agree with it. happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted on May 22 2006, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I am not opposed to it, because I could see how beneficial it would be for parents who work. I don't know how one would work and find the time to pickup a child mid-day, find p/t daycare, etc. But since I don't plan to go back to work come kindergarten time, I have the opportunity to pick my kids up and bring them home. So I suppose given MY situation, I would choose halfday over full day only because a whole day does seem way too long on the kids IMO. And I do believe that too much stimulation, pressure and homework can actually cause some kids to start to resent school as they get older.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2071 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]