Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hurricane relief for teachers, I'm starting a worksheet drive..help!!
Alice
  Posted: Oct 7 2005, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

Hi everyone,

I'm starting a worksheet/review sheet drive, for teachers throughout the US (and abroad even) to send to teachers on the Gulf Coast. Some of them are teaching without textbooks, others have lost their homes and don't have time to replace their lost prep materials.

I've sent an e-mail to about 50 local Long Island NY school districts, asking the teachers to send copies of their best sheets to an enclosed list of schools.

If you PM me with your e-mail address, I'll forward the letter to you. You can then forward it to any of your local high schools.

Oh, and by the way, does anyone want to start the same drive for Jr High or elementary schools? You don't have to be a teacher; all you have to do is find the schools that have been affected, and I can help you there!

Thanks in advance!!
Alice

--------------------
Alice
wife to Peter
mom to Brian (6-18-98)
Julia (2-17-00)
Kira (2-04-03)
PMEmail Poster
Alice
Posted: Oct 13 2005, 03:21 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

Hi again

I've broadened my effort; I now have high school, middle school and elementary school lists.

Haven't these people waited long enough for a little help?

Anyone interested in helping me spread the word by e-mail?? All I've been doing is choosing a random city, and doing a search for their board of ed. Then I e-mail the principals of the schools they list.

The Gulf Coast people I've contacted have been SO grateful; it makes me embarassed that I'm not doing more!

--------------------
Alice
wife to Peter
mom to Brian (6-18-98)
Julia (2-17-00)
Kira (2-04-03)
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0145 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]