Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Educating your children

Do you (or will you):
Homeschool [ 7 ]  [12.96%]
Send to public school [ 29 ]  [53.70%]
Send to private school [ 11 ]  [20.37%]
Other [ 7 ]  [12.96%]
Total Votes: 54
Guests cannot vote 
C&K*s Mommie
Posted on Jan 25 2006, 01:02 AM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,622

with fingers crossed, and more convincing of Chris~~ I hope to send the girls to a charter school that comes very highly reccommended, or one of the only Montessorri schools that we have. There are also several private schools, too. That are reasonable~ but Chris cannot see 'paying' for an education when public schools are "free".

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted on Jan 25 2006, 01:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

First of all, all nine of my cousins have been home schooled, and of the two who just finished high school one is in nursing school and the other is majoring in elementary education. All of them are wonderful, intelligent, charming people.

Secondly, I went to a very small private school for elementary then a bigger private school for middle school and public high school. The elementary school was not really traditional and we worked at our own pace within the same grade. In high school I was on honor roll every quarter and tested in the top 25% of the country on my ACT/SAT's and had an academic scholarship to college. My point is I had small private, mid size private, large public schooling. And still I fell apart in college! The moral to the story is one size does not fit all.

Depending on where we live, I don't know what we'll do. I know I absolutely cannot homeschool, I am not nearly disciplined enough. We live a block from the highest rated elementary school in our state, if we still live here I will send them there. If we move back to the country, I don't know. The schools are less than great but IMO school is not only what they learn there but also how much the parents participate in the whole school experience, at school and at home. I didn't learn EVERYTHING at school, my mom taught me a lot. She didn't leave it to the school to decide exclusively what to teach me.

Everyone's got an opinion on this, and a valid one, but I don't think anyone can or should say one is right or wrong across the board.
PMEmail Poster
LovinMyGirls
Posted on Feb 19 2006, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,235

Public School

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2009 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]