Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Urg!! But it turned out in my favor
My2Beauties
  Posted: Sep 24 2007, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

So back in June my dr prescribed these BC pills called Seasonique to me. You take the BC pills for 11 weeks straight, then on the 12th week you take the placebo pill which makes you start your period. So you only get a period 4 times a year with these pills. So back in June when she prescribed them to me she also gave me a sample pack, so the sample lasted 3 months. So I just now ran out of them and took my last pill Saturday out of the placebo pills, couldn't get them refilled yesterday because I got too busy so I went on my lunch today during work to turn the original prescription in and they tell me my insurance only covers a 28 day supply. They even called the insurance company and was like hey this is a 90 day BC pill this is how it comes and still no they would not cover it unless I did mail order growl.gif I called them once I left Walgreen's and I was like how long does mail order take - oh 8-10 business day! growl.gif So I had to call my doctor's office, have them contact my insurance company to call the prescription in and then they in turn fax them a form (which I'm sure will take them eons to fill out) before they can start the process. So they agreed to call and get it started so I asked for one more sample pack in the meantime because I can't go close to 2 weeks without the pill. They said they'd give me 2 packs. So that is a 6 month supply actually. So once I start getting my regular Rx, in the end after all my refills I'll still have a 6 month supply so that if I have a long wait or somethign for my pap I won't have to go BC pill free! But it stinks because I have to ride all the way across town on my lunch tomorrow to pick up the pills and now I'm 2 days behind. sad.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]