Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Well that was embarassing
5littleladies
  Posted: Apr 23 2005, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

We have a stray cat that hangs around our house. He's a very nice cat-we pet him all the time, and sometimes he even finds his way into the house. The only problem we have had with him is that our house cat, Samwise, hates him and vice-versa. Today the stray was on our deck and the girls opened the window to pet him and he came in and was sitting on the windowsill and Sam saw him and started getting angry. I didn't want to deal with fighting cats so I put the stray outside. Well for the first time ever he scratched and possibly bit me. I washed it off but didn't know if I should be concerned since he is a stray, so I called the clinic to talk to the on-call Dr. I got the operator and she took my name and number and then I told her what happened. She responeded with a sarcastic " You got scratched by a cat??". I felt so stupid but before I could reiterate that it was a stray I got cut off. Well to my embarassment, a minute later I get a call, not from an on-call dr, but from MY doctor. She was as sweet as could be-told me unless we were concerned about rabies (we're not) than there is nothing to worry about. I was so embarassed to bother her on the weekend with such a trivial question but I really didn't know if I should be worried about it. unsure.gif I told her that and she laughed and said it was no problem, and that it was one of the most interesting calls she had ever gotten on a weekend. I feel so stupid now. blink.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

dont be
bc you have no idea what that cat has or even if it had its shots.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
kimberley
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

aww i agree, don't feel bad. you never know what a stray cat could carry and it is always better to be safe than sorry when you are carrying a precious bundle in your belly wink.gif i would have called too.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

mammag
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

I agree, better safe than sorry! I always call if I'm worried about things, I don't care if they think I'm a dork (which they probably have a time or two. rolleyes.gif ).

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Don't be embarrassed. You never know about strays, so I would have called too. I called my OB all the time, and I always felt silly afterwards. But, if it had turned out to be something and I hadn't called then I would have felt worse. OB's are use to getting questions, and if the questions bother them then they should look for different work. Sounds like your OB didn't mind, and now you don't have to worry about it all weekend. So, don't feel silly!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

awww don't feel stupid I would have been worried too!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Josie83
Posted: Apr 24 2005, 03:20 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

I'm sorry to laugh jen but that is pretty funny! I can't believe that woman hung up on you though, how rude! rolleyes.gif xx
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]