Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lower back pain?
MommyToAshley
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I have been having lower back pain for about two weeks now. I didn't think much about it the first week because AF was here for a vist. I usually get lower back pain during my menstrual cycle because of the fibroids. My OBGYN told me that the fibroids would cause back pain during my menstrual cycle (similar to back labor). But, AF is gone and I'm still getting the lower back pain. Could it still be the fibroids? It's not breath-taking away pain... just constant dull pain (about a 4 on a scale of 1-10) It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle sort of pain. If it isn't gone by Monday, I am making an appointment... should I make it with my OB or regular doc? Anyone have this?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
cameragirl21
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,205

I get horrible lower back pain but it's muscular. When I first got it, it was so bad I could barely walk and couldn't even turn over in bed. My doc thought it was a herniated disc but my xray looked great. Then she thought it may be kidney stones but that wasn't it either. She finally realized it was just muscle spasms due to the way I'm built--I'm fairly tall--5'8.5" but I'm all legs and a very short, tiny torso so when I bend over wrong my muscles spasm and I get episodes of it to this day where I have to take a painkiller and muscle relaxer just to get thru the day.
A dull back pain could be your kidney but it would be specific to one side. If it's muscular, you may remember bending down wrong or in my case, I had reached down to pick up my godson and the combo of leaning down the wrong way and picking him up too fast and kind of raising him up over my head all strained my back and that was what did me in.
Maybe think about what may have happened when it started?

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

When I used to have AF I got horrible lower back pain with it. I never knew why though. But mine would sometimes last atleast a week after AF left.
PMEmail Poster

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I would make an appt with my regular dr. I hope it gets better. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Try drinking more water. Sounds like it could be your kidney. I notice it when I'm dehydrated. You said it's not muscular, but it could be the chair you sit in. Those large workout balls are great for your back. Sit at your desk with one and it keeps you upright, no slouching. It could be your siadica (sp?), which is the area between your lower back and where your butt begins. Mine gets sore from sitting too long, like on an airplane or long car ride. There are yoga moves to stretch it out, but if it's really bad, go see a chiropractor. For possible kidney stuff, I would see your GP.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I'd go with the gyno, actually. If you have fibroids and it's the same-type of pain you're accustomed to feeling with pms or ovulation, chances are it's gyno-related and not your kidneys or muscular in nature. I'd check it out, it probably is just the fibroids, but why go around in pain and worry? GL and kup. hug.gif

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I agree go with your gyno on this one
Keep us posted

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Dec 15 2008, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Just to update... I am doing better now. It must have been related to my cycle and the issues with the fibroids. If it happens again next month, I will see my gyn about it. Thanks everyone.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0115 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]