Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> teething tablets
my2monkeyboys
  Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

I have tried the Humphries teething tablets with Waylon yesterday, but they made no difference. Is it just that brand or do you think they just won't work for him?

After I rub some baby orajel on his gum he calms down much better. His bottom gum has 2 red lumps and you can actually feel the little square teeth underneath! Poor baby! sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I got this thing from walmart its in the shape of a star and when they bite down on it, it vibrates on their gums. That thing was a life saver for Raygen. She would chew and naw on thing for hours. I never tried the strips
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (lisar @ Mar 18 2009, 09:13 AM)
I got this thing from walmart its in the shape of a star and when they bite down on it, it vibrates on their gums. That thing was a life saver for Raygen. She would chew and naw on thing for hours. I never tried the strips

Megan liked that, Kylie didn't. happy.gif We used Hyland teething tablets, but what worked most of all for both my girls was something cold on their teeth. Most times that was breastmilk popsicles I made for them. Other times, if I was out of the homemade pops Dh would give Kylie a frozen burrito or frozen veggies to chew on (in the bag of course, lol).

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 18 2009, 09:19 AM)

Megan liked that, Kylie didn't. happy.gif We used Hyland teething tablets, but what worked most of all for both my girls was something cold on their teeth. Most times that was breastmilk popsicles I made for them. Other times, if I was out of the homemade pops Dh would give Kylie a frozen burrito or frozen veggies to chew on (in the bag of course, lol).

My granny would always give the kids a bag of frozen green beans. It worked good also. I always laughed cause it was cute looking at them chewing on that, but it worked.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (lisar @ Mar 18 2009, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 18 2009, 09:19 AM)

My granny would always give the kids a bag of frozen green beans. It worked good also. I always laughed cause it was cute looking at them chewing on that, but it worked.

Ok, I had to hunt for my burrito pic of Kylie. I have "momsicle" one's too, but liked this one the best. Sorry, had to share. tongue.gif

user posted image

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
cameragirl21
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

try this, it works like a charm.
http://thegreenkangaroo.org/catalog.php?category=35

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

With Avery I just put a wet washcloth in the freezer and then let her go to town with it. It gets a bit messy, but it's just water. thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Thanks for the great ideas... I'll be sure to try them! I'll take a look at the site you posted, too, Jennifer.
Any ideas for helping them sleep at night, other than Tylenol? I just hate giving him meds, ya know?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0407 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]