Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New School New Day, much peace!
MomofTay&Sam
  Posted: Oct 21 2003, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

My 11 year old started a new school today! He is going in the same district I teach in now, not the same school. This new school is so challenging and the principal rocks! We had several meetings with her and the vice over the last 10 days. Taylor is going from a school of 2 fifth grade classes to a school of 6 fifth grade classes. This school is very much a challenge for him. He is a straight A student but they have so much more to offer. This morning was very tense as we went in to register. We sat for a hour and met with the principal again, I first than Tay than both together. I was a mess when I left but hoped for success. He came off the bus with a new outlook on life and was very excited about his day and new teacher. He even had a friend from his class one block over come to play! We talked about his lunch and he said MoM I am what they call a :snacker: I get to move to the front of the line and buy healthy snacks if I dont like the lunch! (he is a veggie) He than went on to say he was put in charge of researching a shakespeare play with 3 other children! He has no homework this week because he is *new*. Tay is a major book worm, they had library today and the library teach said 2 chapter books are too much in a week. LOL He set her straight. He would rather read than watch tv! After all was said and done he said later this evening..My teacher is cool. I said why is that? He says she has ADHD to and she understands me! OMG smile.gif I am a teacher and I know that labels are put on children but my son has a fighting chance now after 5 years of no chances. He is so excited! God bless him on his new adventure through life.

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Oct 21 2003, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

thumb.gif That's awesome! I am so glad things are working out at the new school for him! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 21 2003, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

omg that is so wonderful! It sounds like a great school and there are going to be lots of new and good experiences for him! Im so glad that things have gotten better for ya'll!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

MomofTay&Sam
  Posted: Oct 21 2003, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Thanks you two! We struggled with this for the last 10 days, should we shouldnt we type of stuff. I work in a excellent district but you never know school to school. We prayed alot and worried alot, but in the end the prayers worked and he is now where he can thrive and be productive. His ela's are through the roof at the old school he tested almost 2 levels above his grade level in each subject. This year will most likely be his best and most productive. smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Oct 21 2003, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 86

Alright! Thats awesome news, I'm so glad to hear everything is going well for Taylor. It helps a lot too when they like the teacher, awesome!

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
MomToMany
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

horray.gif Wow! What a major improvement! I'm SO glad that Taylor is happy and enjoying school again. It's amazing how much better their outlook is on EVERYTHING when they are truly happy! I'm glad that things are working out for you guys!
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I am soo happy to hear that! It is sooo improtant to have support for your son. I hope he now can get the education he craves. I am sure it was not an easy choise but in the end I bet your happy. So happy for all of you! smile.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

This is great news!!---especially after the trouble you were having with the other school. It sounds like a whole different philosophy, and better suited to Tay's personality and learning style.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Oh that is so wonderful, Terri! I have a brother with ADHD and he was treated terribly in school. This was before they really knew much about it. It must have been very difficult for your son. I'm glad it all worked out! horray.gif horray.gif horray.gif He sounds like a great kid!
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

What incredible news!! I am so glad that Tay is excited about the new school!!! YAY!!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

wavey.gif Thank you everyone! We all waited for the bus together this morning. smile.gif He asked me after breakfast for a towel to take to school?? I said sure but what for? LOL He says we are going to do yoga today Mom! Yoga and shakespeare? I am very impressed! We are going "special" shopping today for all his new supplies and maybe a small toy. thumb.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Thank goodness you were able to change Tay into a new and better school. Hope you really enjoys it, and hope things run much smoother for all of you. Good Luck thumb.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0195 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]