Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bummed
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,766

Well, breastfeeding went really well the first day in the hospital. Aiden breastfed and latched on ok. He then got his first taste of formula from a bottle and hasn't been the same ever since. He doesn't want anything to do with my boobs! I feel like a rejected mother. sad.gif Since we have been home getting him to nurse has been a huge challenge. He screams, latches, sucks, screams, screams, latches, screams...it's stressfull. Part of it is due to a surgery I had a couple years ago...I had a tumor removed from my left breast and even though I was told it wouldn't affect being able to breastfeed or anything, it has. The milk isn't in like it should be and it "drips" out and Aiden gets frustrated that it isn't coming out fast enough. I can't keep up with him, he drinks between 4-5 ounces of formula already when he eats and he's only 1 week old. blink.gif Because he wont nurse and I am not about to pump all day for every bottle, I've decided to give it up and just formula feed him. It's not worth the stress it will cause both me and him. If he would nurse well, it would be different. Then I wouldn't mind nursing him anytime he wants and pumping for certain feedings. But, he refuses my boobs. He likes the bottle too much. I am bummed, I will admit. I loved nursing him for that short amount of time. sad.gif bawling.gif I think in the end and on a whole, just using formula will make both of us happy. As long as he's happy, I'm happy, and that's what matters to me....but I'm still bummed.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
moped
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Well i do understand what you are saying. I am sorry.

I didn't BF as long as some at all, but maybe try not giving him any formula for a few days and only offer the boob?

I an no expert at all!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hug.gif Well I am bumed for you. You have to do whats right for you, but maybe not give up all together? keep trying? who knows he might change his mind.....what ever you decide I wish you luck

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

lovemy2
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I was in the same boat as you - Dylan was great for about 4-5 days then it was a major scene everytime we tried - I pumped exclusively for awhile then the reflux came on full force and all the issues that came with that so we eventually ended up with just formula....would have liked to do it longer and I was bummed too that it didn't work out like I had planned but the stress of it all wasn't worth it to me.....

Good job though hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Apr 24 2007, 10:06 AM)
I was in the same boat as you - Dylan was great for about 4-5 days then it was a major scene everytime we tried - I pumped exclusively for awhile then the reflux came on full force and all the issues that came with that so we eventually ended up with just formula....would have liked to do it longer and I was bummed too that it didn't work out like I had planned but the stress of it all wasn't worth it to me.....

Good job though hug.gif

That's how I feel. It has had me in tears a few days and honestly if it's just going to put both of us in tears, it's not worth the stress it causes in my eyes. There is enough stress in just having a baby as it is, so anything to ease the stress on all of us I think is the best decision. Yesturday he had all bottles and was the happiest little camper, slept well, ate well. It's irritating to think though that if I hadn't had that surgery that maybe it would be different. sleep.gif I dunno...I suppose I can't think about the what if's though.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
lovemy2
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

QUOTE (TannerBugsMom @ Apr 24 2007, 10:10 AM)
I dunno...I suppose I can't think about the what if's though.

That is for sure but I know how you feel - I spent two weeks after I decided to stop trying thinking, what if I had gone back to the LC, what if I tried this position, what if its something I was eating, etc. in the end - we did find out he is tongue tied which IMO was causing him problems latching on once my milk came in and my BBs turned into something from a freak show rolling_smile.gif Poor little guy I almost sufforcated and drowned him more than once rolling_smile.gif

IMO I know breastfeeding is the best possible thing you can do but a happy, less stressed mom and baby is pretty important too wub.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

hug.gif Don't beat yourself up sweetie! You know what's best. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0113 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]