Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Worried about Dylan's Teeth
lovemy2
Posted: Nov 3 2008, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Dylan is almost 23 months and only has SIX teeth - 4 on top and 2 on the bottom - and not a sign of another coming.....Olivia got her teeth late but once she started she kept getting them - I got my teeth late too so it isn't so much that he got them late but it seems they have stopped coming - is it possible he only has SIX teeth in his mouth? I am starting to get kinda worried - I have to take him to the Dentist - he was supposed to go about a month ago - they cancelled because the dentist was out of town for a family emergency so I need to get him back in there but I am kinda afraid of what they will tell me....... unsure.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,766

Hum, to be honest I'm really not sure what to think. I would probably call his ped/doc to see what he/she says. Personally, the boys doc knows more about this kind of thing than our dentist, even though he doesn't specialize in teeth. So I would ask the doc before the dentist, but that is just me. Other dentist's may be more knowledgeable.

The only thing I have heard is that the later they come in and fall out, the more straight their teeth are suppose to be. However, I was a late bloomer and my teeth are horridly crooked, so I don't know how much of that I believe. Tanner is 18 months and he has the top 4 and bottom 4, and it was only recently he got his molars in.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I dont remember when Jakes teeth came in ,but he didnt have any for a long long time, and then when they did, they all came in at once...
maybe that will happen with him also, can you feel anything on his gums at all?

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

lisar
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

It took Raygens teeth a while. I was always told the longer it takes the healthier the teeth will be. I am not sure if thats true or not though. I would ask the ped just to be safe
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Yea - I did ask the Ped - he gave me some speech about bone maturation, blah blah blah which kinda didn't answer my question - we go to a Pediatric Dentist - I called and we have an appt. next Monday - the woman I spoke to to make the appt. didn't think there was a problem but for all I know she was the cleaning lady laugh.gif I do see one on the bottom that looks like it might be popping through but he blows a gasket every time I try to look so.....

As for late bloomer, straight, healthy, all that - BOTH my kids suck there thumb - its a known fact in our house that either DH or I will have to have an affair with an orthodontist emlaugh.gif rolling_smile.gif emlaugh.gif rolling_smile.gif its all good though since its out in the open and we have a goal in mind laugh.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Nov 6 2008, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Nov 4 2008, 08:15 PM)
Yea - I did ask the Ped - he gave me some speech about bone maturation, blah blah blah which kinda didn't answer my question - we go to a Pediatric Dentist - I called and we have an appt. next Monday - the woman I spoke to to make the appt. didn't think there was a problem but for all I know she was the cleaning lady laugh.gif I do see one on the bottom that looks like it might be popping through but he blows a gasket every time I try to look so.....

As for late bloomer, straight, healthy, all that - BOTH my kids suck there thumb - its a known fact in our house that either DH or I will have to have an affair with an orthodontist emlaugh.gif rolling_smile.gif emlaugh.gif rolling_smile.gif its all good though since its out in the open and we have a goal in mind laugh.gif

rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

A pediatric dentist...I never even thought about them. laugh.gif Duh! I don't even know if we have any ped. dentist's around here. We see a family dentist, but now that you mention it, it sure would be nice to send the boys to one...especially since Tanner wasn't the best patient last time around. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0329 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]