Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Baby food.. Home made?
mummy2girls
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Who have done this and only this? For my wedding gift i got a nice chopper/blender. Its one that I can fit into the baby bag if i go anywhere. I use it for the 8 month old in my care until he can have more chunkier foods. Anyways with jenna I did do homemade for the most part but this time around i want to never buy store bought baby food or the fruit either. To save us money! i want to start looking at places and books and write down recipes and ideas... if you have done this where are good webistes and good books you recommend:)

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Momof3inMe
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,022

I didnt use any books I did google some websites. Sorry I dont remember them right off the top of my head. All I really did is take veggies and put them in the blender. I didnt do much for fruit. I did make applsesauce and mushed up banannas. I loved making my own baby food and its so easy!!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

I make some homemade and my mom does as well. We don't use any recipes - just toss the cooked food in the blender and if it's thick add a little water. One of Bobby's favorite foods is beets that my mom blends up for him - what a mess it makes but he loves it!!
PMEmail Poster

maestra
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

I did- I made my baby food separately though, so dh could feed it to him during the day. When done pureeing, I put it in ice cube trays, and used that cling wrap that you touch to seal the tray. When it was all the way frozen, I would put the cubes in a bag labeled with the date. Then dh could make his own combinations, like peas and carrots, or if I had some turkey, he could mix the peas, carrots, and turkey. But if I cooked the items all together- like a pork roast with carrots and potatoes, I would blend it all together.

I have this book http://www.amazon.com/Homemade-Baby-Food-P...33802145&sr=8-3 it's ok, I remember that it was somewhat helpful, but there are some on Amazon with better reviews.

I do remember that there were a lot of websites I used to.

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (maestra @ Feb 4 2009, 09:06 PM)
I did- I made my baby food separately though, so dh could feed it to him during the day. When done pureeing, I put it in ice cube trays, and used that cling wrap that you touch to seal the tray. When it was all the way frozen, I would put the cubes in a bag labeled with the date. Then dh could make his own combinations, like peas and carrots, or if I had some turkey, he could mix the peas, carrots, and turkey. But if I cooked the items all together- like a pork roast with carrots and potatoes, I would blend it all together.

I have this book http://www.amazon.com/Homemade-Baby-Food-P...33802145&sr=8-3 it's ok, I remember that it was somewhat helpful, but there are some on Amazon with better reviews.

I do remember that there were a lot of websites I used to.

This is what I did too!! I didn't use a cookbook, but we used the ice cube trays and they worked like a charm! I tried to use mostly frsh fruit and veggies, and I would make combos later on like banana-strawberry, or blueberry-banana. I saved SO much money too!

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Sorry to kind of hijack it, but when you make baby food, do you just use the veggies you use for yourself, such as take a scoop of peas from the can and blend it with a little water and just serve it that way?
Thanks!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
maestra
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

I tried to use fresh veggies if it was affordable, otherwise I used frozen. I made the food separately for baby food, because I work during the day and dh needed baby food.

However, I just bought unsweetened applesauce cause it was easier. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 24 2009, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

thumb.gif I did this with Spencer and Claudia and it's really easy. I think you can buy books on how to make your own baby food or search the net for recipes. I would just buy frozen veggies, one kind at a time and cook them and then mash them really good. I would also buy apples, micorwave them and mash them. But definately check online. Also you can just ploop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet freeze it and put them in ziplock bags.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Feb 24 2009, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I never made homemade baby food. Always wished I did though.
PMEmail Poster
sc_mom2five
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,397

Laycie ate jarred food in the very beginning but shortly after she got the hang of eating out of a spoon we started feeding her whatever we eat that can be mashed up.

--------------------
~Dana~
Momma to Rebekah, Chelsea, Winston, Emmalee & Laycie
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
jackiescoth
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,417

I used to chop it in a blender and food processor for the best home made baby food made by me. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0143 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]