Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Milk...
mommymommy
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,810

Cate loves milk..better than any other drink..I have a hard time getting her to drink water of juice..Does anyone else have a child who also doesn;t have interest in anything but milk?..( I'm happy she loves her milk, I just didn't know if she really needs to have more water or juice)..
What do you think?
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

There's a lady that I used to work w/that had a son like that. They found out he is on the autism spectrum and actually was craving milk. I guess it turns to morphine on their brain. :shrug:

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

Mine will take milk over anything too. She could go through a gallon a day if I let her. As long as she's pooping regularly I don't worry too much about it...

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL

Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Aiden loves milk too. He really only drinks milk or water. Juice isn't all that "healthy" anyways so don't be too concerned. wink.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
stella6979
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

Avery loves milk and prefers it over any other drink, but I have read that too much can cause an upset stomach or even loss of appetite. She wasn't that into water at first, but we learned that if she's thirsty enough, she'll drink it. We always have a sippy cup of water out so she can grab it whenever she wants and she seems to like it better when we let her put an ice cube in it. rolleyes.gif Sometimes I even do colored ice cubes to make it more fun. thumb.gif Juice is more of a "special treat" for her as we don't let her have it very often.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I have actually heard from someone (who's pediatrician told them this) that they don't need juice if they are geting enough fruit everyday so i wouldnt worry about it

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Kailtin also will take milk over any other drink. she does not like juice very much, never really did. She does like water fresh and cold and if possible flavored laugh.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Brias3
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

Aliyah's always been like that too (she must get it from me- I LOVE milk). I was never too concerned when she was little, but now I tend to limit it more because she's getting pickier with eating and I don't like her to fill up on milk all the time and then have to listen to the whole "I'm not eating that, I'm not hungry" bit rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jul 4 2008, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

My kids are like that, but with Juice. They would both rather have either milk or juice than water, but what I do is give them each one cup of juice in the morning, and then after that it's water for the rest of the day, except at meals when they get their milk. For awhile they just wouldn't drink the water, but when they get thirsty and realize they're not getting anything else, they drink it. wink.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0174 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]