Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Thrush Update, :)
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,075

biggrin.gif We have been using the GSE all day, after every feeding I put it in his mouth and on my nips. I already have less pain and his tounge was WHITE and it isn't as white now, I can see it starting to go away smile.gif ...

Last night my friend spent the night < sal is out of town, and I was feeding him and I told her, if I had formula in the house I would have quit right then ... LOL it hurt SO BAD, and after that every feeding has been better ...

SOOOO looks like we may not have to go purple after all smile.gif ... I think we may have caught it early enough ... smile.gif

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

Thats great news! hug.gif I hope the thrush continues to clear up!

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

I've never experienced it but I'm glad you have it under control. What a bummer. Good for you not having formula in the house. I didn't keep it around because it is such an easy out (until you start thinking of the dishes LOL)

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN

jem0622
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 105

You can also wipe your bb's with vinegar to kill the yeast. Never reuse towels or bras. Put a cup of vinegar in every wash cycle.

HUGS. I have had mild and one severe case.

--------------------
Julie with Nathan (11) Gabe (8) and id twins Hannah and Olivia (6)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Just keep up with the GSE until well after you think it's gone. That stuff is so pervasive. It just keeps coming back. I hate yeast. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I'm glad it's going away! hug.gif I hope it continues to get better. I tried GSE when I was dealing with thrush but I didn't start it early enough so it didn't work. I know what you mean about wanting to quit because of the pain ~ if Allie would have taken a bottle I would have quit because I kept getting both thrush and mastitis. When I was nursing Andrew I had thrush for about 8 1/2 months with no relief, and it was sooo tempting to quit then too but I was just too stubborn. tongue.gif I would sit on the couch and cry while I was feeding him, and try to convince myself that it would be ok to quit, but I really wanted to breastfeed and I kept hoping it would get better. It did eventually... right around when he was 9 months old. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (jem0622 @ Jan 19 2008, 09:17 PM)
You can also wipe your bb's with vinegar to kill the yeast. Never reuse towels or bras. Put a cup of vinegar in every wash cycle.

HUGS. I have had mild and one severe case.

Just keep up with the GSE until well after you think it's gone. That stuff is so pervasive. It just keeps coming back. I hate yeast. 

dito.gif to both. I did vinegar rinses on my nips (just fill a glass with 1/2 water and 1/2 white vinegar and submerse tongue.gif) and it helped a lot with the pain too.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0104 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]